Computer Video Game Recommendations

I’ve played it in English but I think the German dub in the Witcher 3 is not bad. At least, it’s a very wordy game with lots of dialog.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing a lot of child-wrangling lately so I wanted to play something that wasn’t dependent on reflexes, that I could put down quickly if needed, and with a good bit of depth.

XCOM2 with the WOTC expansion has been PERFECT for that. Just finished my first Ironman playthrough, loved it, looking forward to playing it again! I picked up Chimera Squad which is… fine, I guess? Doesn’t really scratch the same itch IMO, like diet XCOM which stands out more having just played XCOM2.

Forza Horizon 4 has been a great chill game as well for just free roaming and dicking about in. I liked FH5 but prefer the setting and feel of 4.

edit: I turned off the music in XCOM2 after a while as it got quite repetitive. Robot Koch’s Sphere album was a good fit, anything by MJ enhanced the experience in other ways - Heal The World while gunning down aliens is always a fun time, dammit.

2 Likes

I fell back into Shadow Tactics…
Its extension (a few short) is in reduction.

1 Like

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMFrvtwa2/

1 Like

Picked up Vampire Survivors on Steam yesterday. All I’ll say is goodbye life for the next we wile… £3.19 is a bargain for this.

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

:star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

5 Likes

Playing Far Cry 5 now lots of fun blasting away and flying aircraft and helicopters over Montana wilderness areas. Finishing up Cyberpunk 2077 another epic game. Waiting for Steam holiday sale to pick up Elden Ring on deal if possible.

That went on my wishlist!

2 Likes

Anyone on here playing Overwatch 2 and/or the new COD MW2?

my humble bundle braid version doesnt run in modern linux… :frowning: so sad

Very good, like most Sokpop Collective games…

Highly recommended

1 Like

:angel:

3 Likes

You know a game is good when you get it and it disrupts your music making for a week.

Dwarf fortress just came out on steam with graphics and mouse support. Been waiting years for this to happen and it is sooooo good now.

2 Likes

3 Likes

On the Shapez 2 Steam page, link to the discord which contains the PC/Linux/Mac compatible playable prototype. It’s so good. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I downloaded high on life for xbox gamepass yesterday, played for a while then gave up. It looks interesting and I wanted to enjoy it but the strangely low 30fps and last gen graphics combination gave me a headache. The real killer is the gameplay though, the first bounty was so clunky and tedious I couldn’t see the point in putting myself through any more.

Same here. Love R&M, but this was just to mediocre to justify playing for me.

Psychedeminigolf… :ok_hand:

2 Likes