Computer Video Game Recommendations

I tried to get into it several times but my gopher brain wasn’t able to ingest so much text for leisure.

1 Like

I had to start it twice myself, but that’s because I hate hate hate party-based RPGs. Yet it’s so good that I decided to endure and never regretted it.
But yeah, it has megabytes of text. It’s basically a choose-your-adventure book with a fight here and there.

1 Like

Since you’re on a golf trip, just finished “Golf Club: Wasteland”: beautiful little game! A bit short maybe (but a very good price), but what a peaceful experience! And, the sound design of it is just perfect, a kind of post apo radio guiding you through the game, mixing very good music and spoken word narrator thing. A very good surprise!

2 Likes

does anyone play steam on Mac? I’ve an m1 MacBook & have a wireless Xbox controller knocking about (don’t own a pc any more). thinkin of maybe trying that instead of getting a steamdeck. I gather there’s a limited steam library on mac but.
what would you reckon?

Used to play on my Intel MBP, the performance was really bad for such a powerful laptop, but in general it was okay. Yes you have less options compared to Windows or Linux, but still more than you would ever need.

1 Like

thanks Alex

I have it too and loved it too. :+1:

My kid has been getting into sonic games lately. Just downloaded Sonic Generations which is great! Plenty of nostalgia for those of us who played the old games back in the day, and loads of spectacular additional stuff.

As I type this she’s having a rage quit moment :sweat_smile:

I do, on an M1 mac mini 8gb…but not so heavy games. Divinity 2 runs great.

Steamdeck in addition.

2 Likes

I ordered a steamdeck last night. 256gb. woop

5 Likes

Was on the fence, took the small one and put an SD in it. But after all, it doesn‘t matter I think. Get the big one plus SD Card :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Good Choice

3 Likes

was a tough call alright :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Don‘t miss EMUDeck…Half of Steamdeck Fun

1 Like

never heard of it. I shall duly check it out. thanks mono

might pick up rdr2 today while it’s still on sale.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying Hi Fi Rush (on the Steam deck)

Love the art style and humor. It’s got a nice level of difficulty, without being punishing.
The music is good too, though being a rhythm game it can get a bit repetitive - unavoidable.

I’m not sure if rhythm games are really my cup of tea… as some of the rhythm puzzles , I get frustrated with … but this one is cool.

I’ve also finished a few things ,
Stray was lovely… again nice story, and visuals.
Titanfall 2 was fun. ( picked up very cheap in sale)

On a disappointing note, Forza Horizon 5 , has become really unstable on the steam deck - a real shame as I enjoyed for casual driving around.

Eldern Ring and Rogue Legacy 2., I’ve finally managed to raise my (gaming) skills to make them enjoyable … though I’ll likely never finish :wink:

Overall steam deck has be great at getting me to finish games … though admittedly, I’m not a completionist.

1 Like

I wrote elsewhere a month or two back that I wasn’t sure I’d keep my Steam Deck. That doubt has gone and I’m really enjoying it. I had a minor obsession with Inscryption thanks to the Deck and spent a small fortune on lots of cheap sales games just to play.

But…. I really struggle to get into bigger, more AAA type games. This isn’t a Deck issue, just a general one. But I’m finding it very difficult to connect with a game because Elden Ring set such an incredibly high bar. Like to the point that I start up a game and just think “meh, I could be playing Elden Ring right now”. It’s ridiculous. In some ways its a godsend as I’m a bit more music focussed/inclined but it’s almost as if Elden Ring has ruined my gaming appetite :joy: It’s probably the main reason I haven’t bought it on Steam Deck!

I’d like to try Dwarf Frotress though. That looks like something to sink my teeth into. Or even get back into Rimworld. Just need to get myself a usb keyboard. Actually brilliant that I can plug in the usb c hub I bought for my Mac into the Deck and have it output onto a monitor with no problem at all. Even stuff like Age of Empires 4 runs well enough - I was just missing the keyboard to really get into it.

3 Likes

indeed, its truly incredible how well Elden Ring runs on the deck… it should be impossible.
and for sure, few live up to this.

that said, if we look at consoles (I think this is the Decks market ) , they also, at release, always have a ‘showcase title’ , one that stands out over everything else.
… so perhaps we should view Elden Ring as Steam Deck’s showcase?

so Ive had mine for nearly a year now. (actually not this unit, as its been RMAd once !)
I’ve now started to get a feel for what I’ll enjoy on the deck, what suits its form factor.
I really like some of the more casual less frenetic games… things with really good game play.

e.g. I loved Pixel Cup Soccer, and Circuit Superstars
small, indie titles which are just super fun to play in this form factor - and that you wouldn’t even consider on a gaming console or PC.

but yeah, Im also buying alot of games in the sales…
if you look at what Ive bought, you can clearly see Valves strategy is the same as consoles.
… subsidise the hardware, make your money on the software.

though the price of software, and number of sales, on Steam for stuff that runs on the Deck, means I am more than happy with this!

4 Likes

Don’t tell me that on Elden Ring - I’m playing it on Series X and honest to God do not need a portable distraction too :joy:

Actually tempted to get Mass Effect Legendary Edition though as I reckon that’d be a really good one to play on Deck when I can sneak some time.

Had never heard of Pixel Cup Soccer but within about 5 seconds of the Steam video I’m like “count me in”. That’s been wishlisted!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure seeing Bloody Rally Show, Absolute Drift, Art of Rally, Pako 2, Ultimate Racing I/II, or Star Drift evolution running on a Steam Deck will cause an instant buy.
As well as Sky Force Anniversary/Reloaded, Winward, Archvalle, Helldivers, Tokyo 42 or Hotline Miami I/II…
How do I love top-down games?
In short, I live with blinders but one day, surely for a second version of the Deck, less noisy, I will place an order.
My last laptop was a Nec Pc Engine GT, the gap could be impressive.

1 Like