Computer Video Game Recommendations

It’s a good game. It’s by the creator of Monkey Island, and also has a bit of Psychonauts flaire to it.

2 Likes

I thought I recognised the name of it actually but thought I had maybe been thinking of The Dig which I suppose is pretty caved in places too

2 Likes

I’ve never played The Dig, but know of it. One of the old SCUMM adventure games.

I have 2 Steam game license keys to give away…
(For the first Witcher I will need either an email or to make friend contact on Steam because it is in Steam Gift…)
Ask and it’s for you.
I take no responsibility for Fives Dates…

1 Like

Oh yes, vintage arcade cabinets are in high demand now, especially among the wealthy boomers. Speaking of vintage pinball machines, the expense is even higher because being mechanical, they require continuous maintenance. I often go to this shop near my house, to drool over their amazing video games and pinballs

If you are interested, they can ship worldwide. Of course, you have to be ready to spend significant sums.

I’m satisfied with my emulator: it’s free

1 Like

I will keep in mind. Right now been having a blast with Elden Ring and just got the book and map guide as the world is super massive!

my steamdeck just shipped.

picked up Ryse: Son of Rome for €2.50.
Days Gone for 16.
Rdr2 for 20.

love steam sales. :partying_face:

Just got Redout 2, because I’ve been in the mood for anti-gravity racers again for some reason. I play Fast RMX on the Switch, but wanted something for the PC too. I played the first Redout quite a bit. It was pretty tricky to get good at, but we’ll see how this one goes. :smiley:

For speed sensations not really analogous but anyway.
On the other hand, gravity is present. Five stars gameplay.

3 Likes

How about an educational game? https://youtu.be/eCx7OZgEC3A

I never finished a game so fast in my life. It’s short but it is quite the rush. Very interesting. If you program or work in cybersecurity this will be very fun! If not, this is still quite the experience.

4 Likes

If you like crazy games…
I seriously advise to buy the music which is really good.

1 Like

It’s so deep fried. Must… resist…

1 Like

This one has been really fun for me, definitely has that warioland type feel to it.

This is a pretty cool question because one of the earliest computer games was about a cave, by an avid caver:

It looks like you can play the whole thing online, and the people from the old school King’s Quest games did a fancy modern 3D version too:

Kentucky Route Zero has a big section in a cave. It feels more like a click-through story than a game, but it’s very atmospheric.

My personal top pick, although not all cave-related is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

5 Likes

A good cave game.

2 Likes

Wow! There are so many and they all look amazing! Thank you guys (and gals, hopefully) for all the recommendations. Tapesky coming through with the history lesson like a true G. So cool.

2 Likes

Colossal Cave was legendary…
funny though… Ive always associated (game) adventuring in caves, as dungeon crawls.
as in my childhood, most often D&D dungeons were caves, you went to X cave as part of the quest.
(so for me CC was computerisation of dungeon crawling)

and today, its still similar, look at Elden Ring… lots of dungeon cave exploring to be had.

@selfup, ooh Pony Island looks like my kind of game!

I look at a few ‘hacking’ games a while back… but as a software engineer, wanted something a bit more ‘real’… so started looking at the simulators for cyber security training… but then realised, thats was going to take a bit more time than I had…
also , I realised I wanted something a bit lighter/entertaining to play on my deck.

2 Likes

This feels like a CTF (capture the flag) but the game format makes it awesome. The dark humor is bar none as well.

If you ever feel like going down the traditional cyber security path check out HackTheBox and TryHackMe.

John Hammond has some great content as well. He covers CTFs and other fun things:

https://youtube.com/@_JohnHammond

1 Like

Ok, timeout. WTF is happening here. This year is just too much. Even if you had the time you won‘t had the time.
So many games are coming out.

This would be my List. Sadly most of it won‘t happen. Hard to pick essentials. Zelda of course…

Dead Space Remake
Resident Evil 4
Atomic Heart
Octopath Traveler 2
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Metroid Prime Remaster
Diablo 4
Starfield
Stalker 2
Final Fantasy 16

Anyone else with first world problems?

2 Likes