Computer Video Game Recommendations

steamdeck arrived omg

Days Gone is GO :zombie:ā€ā™‚ :motorcycle:

8 Likes

Just to elaborate a bit further on Redout 2 now that Iā€™ve played it for a significant amount of time. Itā€™s THE BEST anti-grav racing game Iā€™ve ever played. Itā€™s pretty amazing overall too. So, if youā€™re even moderately into WipeOut, Extreme G, F-Zero, Fast RMX style games, definitely grab Redout 2.

1 Like

Elden is equal to the hype.

Am dead surprised usually donā€™t get on with this genre, but am loving playing it. Even the farming side of it is fun.

They really knocked it out of the park.

I can see me playing again in the distant future with a different build.

5 Likes

Just revisited NEO Scavenger. Shit is brutal.
If you loved FTL but thought it wasnā€™t random enough, this game is for you. Itā€™s deep, itā€™s atmospheric, itā€™s completely fucking random.

1 Like

Is anyone here using their Xbox Series X? I got one and I really starting to ask myself why. If you are a console gamer I think you are good to go with a PS5 and a Switch. Lately maybe the answer is completly different as Sony is starting to bring out their firt party stuff on PC.
But this Xbox Machine is collecting dust sadly as the machine itself is way cooler than this ugly ps5 design flaw.

Atomic Heart is really fun, enjoying the super weird world, gunplay and leveling systems are good, beautiful graphics, and godDAMN that soundtrack is awesome.

@Monobear I havenā€™t owned a console in a decade, pc life is where its at imo!

1 Like

Sadly pcs are still so bulky. But I like a good strategy game on PC.

Atomic Heart should be boykotted. They find more and more Anti Ukrainian Easter Eggs which given the current Situation is pretty discusting sadly. Wanted to play it aswell. But wonĀ“t support Russia in any way. Fucking rapist murder Army should get the fuck out of Ukraine.

Didnt know that, seriously ?

Yeah itĀ“s in the german IT News today, that they find more and more Easter Eggs with Anti Ukrainian Stuff.

Have no english news sites to share. So took this tweet. Ukraine itself asks to boykott the game

Edit : (removed link)
Well i have to take a moment to do some research, i see lots of comments about that game but
I donā€™t want to jump to the conclusion too quickly

ā€¦game is fun, game is good. game gets recommendation. itā€™ll probably get a replay too if the end holds up to the gameplay so far.

If you wanna boycott it over what someone interpreted as an easter egg and was upset by itā€¦ by all means you do you.

take your time. would love to see more research myself. but I also found stuff on hidden Z propaganda in the game.

They donā€™t have to be bulky: https://www.zotac.com/product/mini_pcs/all?field_filter_m_cat_tid[]=2220

As far as I understand, the tin can is an actual Soviet tin can, and the flowers may be a coincidence. However, if it turns out to be intentional, no fucking way Iā€™m buying that game.

no morals to spareā€¦huhā€¦game is funā€¦then fuck the raping in ukraine. ItĀ“s not about what someone interpretet. either itĀ“s on purpose or not. we can debate THAT, but if it is and there is evidence for that, then the game can be funny as hell itĀ“s still discusting

1 Like

%1000!!! Iā€™m new to the genre and just started playing about 6 weeks ago. This is handā€™s down the best game Iā€™ve ever played (and Iā€™ve been doing the gaming thing since the mid 80s!).

The lore is really deep and dark. I love that thereā€™s no hand-holding or coddling. The lack of quest markers, journals etc. really pulls the player into the world.

I am absolutely enamored with this game <3

2 Likes

Beware of pc cases that are too small.
The nuance between too big and less big hides many cases but my experience tells me that good airflow and good heat dissipation require a correct volume.
The components heat up, especially while playing, even if correct settings in games can limit (a little) the phenomenon.
Some open frame cases can be quite small and often hang on the wall.
On the other hand, a very very large box can be used as a desk. :upside_down_face:

If this Russian game is indeed hiding easter eggs about the Russian invasion,
I even hope the game will be removed from Steam.

1 Like

Got to be careful here with how you interpret things. The game was first announced back in 2017 and heavy in development since then. Much of what youā€™re seeing and which has some of the internet in fits over was likely established long before the war kicked off. Having said that, thereā€™s been some iffy comments from the developers and a whole back story there I wont go into.

I donā€™t really want to derail this thread but thereā€™s a real clamour building for this one that Iā€™n uncomfortable with. Kind of similar to whatā€™s happened with Hogwarts Legacy.

1 Like

the solution would be pretty simple. Developers should distance themselfs from the war in any way possible, which they donĀ“t do fully as far as I understund. And in this case patch all the Easter Egg Stuff found out of the game if itĀ“s not important but could considered war propaganda.
Show that you mean it. Should be easy.

1 Like

We had those little Z-Boxes for Work once and pushed them pretty hard. They are good. You can go small when the cooling is good.
I am intreaged by those Magnum Boxes but they are just too expensive. I have a decent PC which does everything and new PC stuff is just too expensive in general at the moment I think.

1 Like