Computer Video Game Recommendations

I don’t disagree - some of the content is questionable - but it’s a unique case and difficult to determine when you consider this is an alternative history USSR. There absolutely should be a warts and all element to what is being depicted in my opinion.

I haven’t played it yet but interested enough to give it a go. Might do so over the weekend so I can form my own judgement. I dont get the feeling the game celebrates the stuff that folk have been highlighting though I could be wrong. There absolutely is some things folks are calling out that has me eye rolling a little bit to be honest but we could debate this all night long and not get anywhere.

If there was something sinister to some of the games content I’m left wondering to what purpose though. If it’s just some game artist being a prick and its gone unnoticed then that’s not boycott material for me but each to their own.

1 Like

:woozy_face:

1 Like

RTX 4080 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have a 1080ti, it still rips everything at 1440p.

2 Likes

You can be as upset as you want, I’m just going to assume the developers are being honest with their statement and move on, because I have no reason to not do so other than their geographic location I guess

Anyway - you’re absolutely correct about things being expensive right now, I’ve wanted to upgrade a few things on this rig I built in 2018 but please god help me when it comes to gpus… the things I’d do for a 4090 lollll

@simonbradford that card was too good for its own good, nvidia will never do that again

I think it´s really not about me or you. You can decide to play the game and I will not. But thats not the point. In general there has to be a debate if this all is on purpose or not. If yes then publishers have to act as well.

as far as computer gear goes. I managed to buy a founders edition rtx 3070 on launch and it´s plenty enough still for everything because I decided to stay on Full HD for PC gaming. So it´s not all that bad. But work involves need in GPU Power sometimes so Power in this Field is always apreciated and a RTX 4080 of course would be fine but I won´t pay those prices. Never. RTX 3070 was 500€ and then I asked myself what the hell was wrong with me. 1500 Bucks for a Card? Nope.

2 Likes

not sure what happens with hogwarts but i’m enjoying my playthrough

i know there’s controversy but it mostly seems to revolve around social media

It has to do with JK Rowling’s disgusting transphobia.

2 Likes

My all-time favorite, regularly coming back to it.
DWARF FORTRESS
Slaves to Armok - God of Blood Chapter II

The mother of all colony management games. Deep, complex and FUN!
Some call it more of a (story/world) simulation than a game.
Has a LOT of generated/generating systems (for world-history, creatures, artifacts, etc pp) which might be appealing to explore, for those around here, who like to let their modulars “play on their own”. :wink:

Downloadable for free on bay12games.com.
In developement since 20 years (officially still in alpha), created by two brothers, relying only on donations until the steam release in 12/22.

And don’t worry: The premium (steam) version has actual graphics/sprites. No need to learn deciphering the matrix :slight_smile: Although I absolutely love the original ASCII look of the “game”.
The steam version is well worth the 30 bucks, imho. Despite feeling a bit clunky at times and having some obvious bugs it is totally playable.

Beware those werecreatures, vampires, goblins, child-snatchers, forgotten beasts, clowns, necromancers, snapping turtles, criminals, zombies and the rain.

STRIKE THE EARTH!

ps: Has a nice soundtrack as well.

3 Likes

Elden Ring and Cyberpunk 2077 are my favorite video games these past couple of years. So fun and massive RPG adventures will amazing gameplay, graphics, story and music. Playing on a massive 80 inch HDTV is wicked with surround sound system.

2 Likes

Yeah it absolutely does revolve around social media as do most tiresome outrages these days.

1 Like

I’m currently playing Cyberpunk. I’m not really an RPG person so it took me ages to get into it but the story is really good. I still don’t know what I’m doing, but it’s one of the few games that I’d want to play through for a second time

2 Likes

it is better after the patched and fixed the earlier bugs and while Keanu Reeves character does get cringe annoying the overall game is fun especially when maxxing out hacking skills. I like the different vehicles that you can drive and various styles to play whether stealth ninja, hacker or tank guns blazing character. Story is good and lot of choices on how it plays out.

The war in Ukraine has been going on since 2014 when Russia started providing weapons to separatist and slowly mobilizing. Hell even Ukraine’s deposed leader was a Russia stooge.

2 Likes

A fair point.

But still, I do think it’s important that people play the game for themselves before making a judgement call in these sort of cases.

It’s just disgusting that they force you to play as a British person.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like this has been mentioned yet (and apologies if it has): Carrion – fun “reverse horror” game where you play the monster. Cool chunky graphics and a great soundtrack.

This game is killing me…I was going to play it just for half an hour before going to bed, now the night has passed and the sun is rising…

7 Likes

Also music is good. The Nina Kraviz soundtrack has some good original tracks too

1 Like

Definitely and I can cruise around listening to tunes like Grand Theft Auto. One of best games in past decade along with Elden Ring and Resident Evil The Village. We are lucky considering I grew up on Pong and Frogger video games as a kid.

2 Likes