Computer Video Game Recommendations

Mount & Blade 2 looks promising too. Have it on console, but didn’t play it yet.
Still roaming ‘round in Fallout 4 :joy:

1 Like

Hyper light breaker looks stunning… :sparkles:

5 Likes

I stumbled across this game yesterday. What a wild mix.

good point with the independend polls and explaining the fx of opression.

that aside my tipp is …

Atomic Heart

Its such a fresh take on single player games like Half Life or Bioshock. A fascinating world, much more creative than actual games from US, European and Japanese publishers, that only play it safe.

to all this ridiculous boycotting calls I have to say: If you want to avoid russian games, you have to burn you gameboy with TETRIS as well.

I’m curious, which one do you think it resembles more? Asking as someone who loves HL and is bored to death by BS.

The Game has mixed reviews. And it‘s not about russian games it‘s about the company behind atomic heart and their policies. So please…
And the actual war is no joke

1 Like

Yes reviews are mixed, because many gamers are very conservative of what they expect from a game. Atomic Heart does many things different. I played a few hours on ps5 and its runs technically flawless. the automatic save system is a bit unusual, but i could get along with. puzzles play quite a role, its not only running and gunning.

Best thing is the vivied world, its a satire and dystopian view on a authocrathian state, where robots go mad. Its a bit over the top like duke nukem was for the US.

its not for everyone, but if you are bored by call of duty, destiny & co. you chould check it out.

ps: and sure, no war is a joke.

Steam sales sure are like crack.

Trying to be sensible this around. So far only bought:

1. Legend Bowl - possibly a little too serious an American football game for me but I’m a sucker for modern pixel type games. Has some mildly annoying and frequent split second pauses on Steam Deck though.

2. Barotrauma - I’ve always loved quirky games as they buck trends and offer something new. I know I’m losing out playing solo but I do enjoy the oddness to it all.

3. Kenshi - this has been on the radar forever. Looks janky as hell but figured why not give it go as the stories folks have had in this game are tremendous.

Stopped myself at that though I am sorely tempted by Highfleet and Waronoi. But published by the resurrected Microprose. Anyone tried either?

A load of other games on the wish list but the can wait. Prob until the summer sale…

1 Like

Beware, it’s super addictive.
Also you will die. A lot.

1 Like

I love a lot of the boomer shooters coming out lately. I thought Dusk was boring but here’s some I love:
Nightmare Reaper
Postal Brain Damaged
Amid Evil
Project Warlock
Ion Fury

1 Like

Mostly City Skylines and Stellaris these days. The new DLC for Stellaris is the Bee’s knees.

Really looking forward to Age of Wonders 4 coming out… the whole civ meets x-com vibe is really satisfying to me

I really like…

Too !

@ J0n35y Barotrauma & Kenshi :ok_hand:

I play Gloomhaven Digital on Steam, its a great game, if you like Boardgames, its also very difficult. If youre up for a challenge, its worth a try.

Bought Witcher 3 in a Steam sale, so something more action related, when i loose a Gloomhaven scenario.

Just finished Elden Ring. Now just bought God of War and Days Gone since Sony released these on PC when they were at one time PlayStation exclusives. Nier Automata is another fun game to try. Just watched first anime season of it as well.

Only 3-4 hours in and not sure what to make of it! I’ve died a lot. Not in a Souls type way where git gud is usually very true. This is pure kick to the nuts type stuff. But I want to keep going to see what happens.

A few folk encouraged grinding via mining but after an hour of that I was thinking the game was way too dull so off I went exploring/dying. Settled on attempting to be a shitty bounty Hunter by sneaking up on someone to provoke them then have the locals batter them for doing so with my hanging back feigning innocence but looting the body after.

On my current pay through I’ve hit a bug in the next village over from The Hub where no NPCs have spawned. I’ve stolen/equipped half of what I’ve found so far. Back for more tomorrow… :joy: proper snake tactics…

1 Like

You can separate your characters into two teams, with one team building a village and farming/mining/guarding it, and the other team adventuring and dying pointlessly.

2 Likes

I don‘t know what it is. But God of War just doesn‘t get me. I tried it two times. Maybe the 2nd one, but I don‘t know maybe this godlike thing isn‘t for me.
Can someone tell me why this is so succesful? It‘s so linear as well. Not very challenging. Maybe I try Ragnarok. I must be missing something.

2 Likes

I played most of the past God of War games and the action focus is fun like a fighting mythic fantasy pure action game. But yeah they were linear in nature compared to the last one released in 2018 that is not as linear and more open world. I’m enjoying it now that Sony released it for PC Windows platform. This one is more on Norse mythology that is fun to me. It’s still not as open exploring as Elden Ring or Skyrim however but not as fixed on rails like past GoW games.

I need to learn how to automate things. I’ve joined the Shinobi’s and spend much time pissing folk off and running home to let the hard guys win fights for me. I recruited some old man who is good with turrets (I should have read what he said before saying “you’re hired”) and he nearly got killed by some dog like thing. Looted the hell out of the empty town but I’m still just a pure weakling. Would be good to let my crippled buddy do some mining/building while I go off and explore…

1 Like

Does something close to the original Wing Commander exist to play on a modern PC? Or, perhaps something that riffs on the ol’ BBS game Trade Wars but not too complicated?