Computer Video Game Recommendations

For a WC like, I would go for Everspace I or II. :rocket:
Or House of the Dying Sun !

2 Likes

Ok, will check it out. Stupid question: do you find such games enjoyable with a standard keyboard? Thatā€™s how I played the original WC but am rusty with my key control skills.

Very subjective.
Many prefer keyboard / mouse, for me itā€™s joypad directly.

2 Likes

If you like zombie games, Days Gone is really fun! I just bought it on sale since itā€™s now available for Windows and I donā€™t have a PS4 or PS5. I also like the new God of War but itā€™s different than the old ones.

1 Like

Just took a gander at House of the Dying Sun. That looks like a lot of fun for $5.99.

1 Like

Agreed! Itā€™s subjective, but I find playing space sim type games to be much more enjoyable with a gamepad these days. (I used to play with the keyboard as well back in the WC/WC2 era, or with my 2 button analog joystick on occasion :smiley: )

I play No Manā€™s Sky using a PS5 DualSense (on the PC) and itā€™s a completely transparent and enjoyable experience.

2 Likes

Are the $15 controllers sold at Walmart and such good enough for casual gaming?

I managed to get the gog.com version of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 running on my Mac and itā€™s sucked me in like it did more than two decades ago. It is one of the best games Iā€™ve ever played. Highly recommended.

1 Like

Iā€™m running leisure suit larry on my palm pilot III right now.

2 Likes

Crying Suns is amazing.
Heavily inspired by FTL, but not so deep and addictive, yet absolutely beautiful. Very atmospheric, rather story-focused.

1 Like

The Microsoft controllers are very good, durable and offer full compatibility, I imagine that those from Sony must be not bad either even if from time to time I come across messages with some incompatibilities but which are resolved with the Steam manager or other apps. The case of other controllers seems more complicated, some benefit from drivers or copies of universal drivers, others are a horror. You have to be well informed. I had a logitech atrocious, buggy and with not very pleasant edges. I had one controller from 360 and two from One, perfect and very durable, I find the price justified and the quality very good. To choose in any case, you have to take in handā€¦ Very subjective again.

2 Likes

Got to play the Diablo 4 bĆØta for about 3.5 hours today.

Holy smokes, itā€™s devilishly good :scream:

This is going to cost me some music timeā€¦

3 Likes

I didnā€™t need to hear this :frowning:

1 Like

I tried the Diablo Beta also for 4h, but i thought it was boring. Played Necro and Druid, the Necro was very OP compared to the Druid.

1 Like

I need to try it out today. I am a big fan of the past Diablo games.

Hmmm, i played Druid and had fun.

Looking forward to playing this couch coop with my wife. She is not a gamer, but loved playing D3 with me.

I still remember trying out the Diablo 3 beta and complaining all the way.

This could be done betterā€¦ A missed opportunityā€¦ Mehā€¦ Nice, but not greatā€¦ Okayā€¦ OH FUCK ITā€™S 4 AM

Havenā€™t played it since then lol.

3 Likes

At least this beta , wasnt as bad as the other ones i remember, the logon que was like 10 minutes at maximum, to the times i played, when i remember the old days, that could be 1h or more.
Maybe the druid build wasnt the best, i respecced it , but then the story got old quick with the 2nd playthrough. (1st playthrough was engaging though.)

2 Likes

I played the Diablo 4 beta last night as necromancer and I only lost connection once but performance online was kinda slow even with high speed internet. Game is ok but I donā€™t see much improvement over Diablo 3 and requiring online connection to play the game is lame. I would not pay for the game. I liked Elden Ring way better.

1 Like

I tried the Diablo 4 beta and Iā€™m glad I did because it saved me some money. Not going to be buying the game.

I remember when the first Diablo came out, wow that was a great game back then.

4 is just a rehash of all the other games Iā€™ve played. Donā€™t have the time to waste on it. It just made me sad to think how much better in general computer games used to be.

1 Like