COSMOS by Soma

heh… makes sense! :wink: :thup:

wish they would get rid of that distortion and replace it with something else entirely… the only design caveat imho. There are so many other more useful FX for this kind of pedal

2 Likes

what about the bastl thyme’s multiple tape heads?

1 Like

I want one so bad. A little pricey but it would get used all the time.

2 Likes

I’m with you on it being pricey, but damn is it intriguing, and easy to use. I have a feeling that if I don’t get one, one of the last thoughts to run through my mind while on my death bed will be “damn, should have gotten the Coasmoazzzzzz”.

2 Likes

Same feeling. It really does tick all the boxes for me since I primarily play guitar but want to make some noise. But then I wonder, couldn’t I program my Zoia to do something similar? Then I think about sitting down and figuring it out and I know I don’t want to take that project on. I’m on the waiting list with SOMA now.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to spend as much time with Lyra8 as I would like but, every time I use it I’m amazed at what comes out of it and I end up playing it for at least an hour. I feel like I should always be recording it just in case.

2 Likes

That was my experience with the ZOIA! Loved it, but just didn’t have the time to make what I wanted out if it. Plus got fed up with other peoples patches maxing the cpu. Still, great pedal I’d like to tryout again one day.

1 Like

I get fed up with people uploading patches to Patchstorage and saying the patch is incomplete (then why did you upload it?) or not putting any kind of description of how it works. So far, I’ve made some patches for live gigs but nothing like this. Zoia so far has let me shrink my live pedalboard down to 3 things: tuner, Zoia, and Analog Drive. So I can scroll through and have everything I need for a particular song very quickly. I’m with you.

1 Like

the thing is that if the cosmos had a mode where you could get a boring, repetitive, exacting loops out of it in addition to all of it’s magic it would be a no brainer piece of kit

2 Likes

There is an alternate firmware planned that will work more like a traditional looper. Not quite the same thing but cool to have the option.

4 Likes

Does the alternative firmware add the traditional looper mode next to the other functionality, or do you have to choose between two firmwares depending on how you want to use the COSMOS?

1 Like

I wondered this too.

I’m guessing - as it’s firmware - it’s going to be one or the other ? There are no controls to swap between things are there? At best it’s going to be hold a button down & power-cycle I’d imagine ? So this sort of limits it for live-swapping a bit…?

could be wrong of course.

if they’ve got all of the fairy dust and esoteric wizardry already there, why on earth would they make it so that you had to leave that realm to be able to do the most mundane looping task right next to and in conjunction with those other great features?
that would be like shooting yourself in the foot imho

1 Like

I have to find a way to get one.

1 Like

Loopop does a great job with this review.

Twenty three minutes long, and lots of great sounds and ideas. The focus is on generative music. Note the MEGAfm.

10 Likes

…as wide and huuuuge and endless this cosmos is, with this drifting memory station crossing all sonic orbits, i want an enner…anyways.

i once had a project/band called somalux…
wonder if this might give me any advantage in the waiting line… :wink:

Interesting that Soma is working on adding a selectable “more structured” mode to their firmware. Opens up some more options. Loopop gets the inside scoop again.

2 Likes

having a standard looper that you can use along with all that magical stuff is a no brainer, I hope they do it.

1 Like

I see that handed wrote pretty much the same thing up thread about upgrades planned for the firmware.

2 Likes