Cryptocurrency

I think that’s where I’m very lucky.
I bought a Bitcoin when they were probably £50 , over the years I’ve taken some out and put some money back in. Obviously I should’ve bought 100’s

It’d have to drop quite a lot to match the actual cost … even the last big drop I was still happy when it was 5k

I think I’ll keep it simple but definitely dig through YouTube / websites etc.

I’d love to buy mk2’s elektron gear / new black octatrack even though I have mk1’s

The interesting thing about BTC is that if you believe it is “less dumb” than holding cash like Elon Musk does, it wouldn’t make any sense to turn it into cash for no reason.

You do understand fully what I just said, right?

I wouldn’t want to have realized losses with the terrible carry forward rules in the US. I cannot tell you how many people I’ve seen watch a run up on something and then weep when they lose their asses. If you are truly up as you say, you can prevent net realized losses. That makes it risk free speculation.

Yes, of course. One “invests” in BTC with cash, and its value rises. To lock in the “gains” as cash is what one would traditionally do, but not wanting to sit on cash is the reason one invested in BTC in the first place.

I guess you could say this about any asset, but it’s particularly interesting with BTC because it can be used like a currency.

after the highs… come the lows…

1 Like

Since I’m going long, this feels healthy to me. If we didn’t get a few of these kind of corrections as the price continues to go up, I’d be more concerned.

I’ve converted some to cash / in £ wallet and my remaining btc continued to go down.
I’m nervous as I sold it hours ago ( it’s flagged as completed ) but hasn’t appeared anywhere yet.

Much of the short term investments ( on etoro or coinbase ) have all gone down. So I don’t think I’m very clever at this.

If us Americans had put the original stimulus check into BTC it would be worth more than $10,000 right now. Think about that when you get your next check or taxes.

It’s still a good time to invest in BTC imo. Yesterday, I sold my only MJ stocks (PLNHF & KSHB), and bought RBLX with the $.

Long RBLX. I like this stock.

Yeah and if you bought in December 2017 and sold one year later you’d be down 75%.

3 Likes

I got nervous a few weeks ago and tried to sell some Bitcoin ( it actually just went from my wallet to the exchange so I never actually sold it )

Which is lucky as it’s risen again.

Just keep it in the wallet and don’t look at it. You will thank yourself later.

1 Like

This is dated 1/21/21:
Kevin O’Leary on why he won’t invest in bitcoin: It’s a ‘giant nothing-burger’

This is dated 3/3/21:
‘Shark Tank’ star Kevin O’Leary has changed his mind on bitcoin - saying ETFs have drawn him to the asset he once called ‘garbage’

Kevin O’Leary becoming a BTC bull is such a bullish BTC signal imo.

Nfts, do they make any sense?

Cardano is interesting.
Bitcoin, given its transaction cost, speed and energy cost, is difficult to see as having a long term future. It’s the MySpace of crypto.

Viable crypto needs to have long term prospects technologically in order to ever deliver their promise; as they are barely making a tiny scratch currently in real commerce.

2 Likes

Won’t Bitcoin become increasingly scarce … people hold onto it and it halves occasionally.

And big financial places seem to be adopting it.
A few of them seem to jump up a lot but I usually miss out … I got lucky getting a Bitcoin when I did.

Look into decentraland. It’s a virtual world where you can trade nfts and buy land. Still kind of early but I could see it being big in the next few years. Mana is the currency there it jumped from 50 cents to a dollar recently.

1 Like

I am very bullish on bitcoin. I remember when it was 5k and people were like oh I can’t invest in that now I missed the boat. Now it’s 60k lol. In 5 years those same people will be like damn I should have invested when it was 60k!

I got some rblx too. Metaverse is the future.

1 Like

I got 200 of these just before it went up, I’m normally behind the curve…

What exchanges are people using these days? I stayed pretty mainstream using coinbase but just opened a Binance account.

Cryptocurrency speculation is fun and all, but…

Learning about this NFT thing makes me feel like I missed a memo somewhere and ended up in a future I don’t recognize.

So…anyone have a Foundation creator invite? :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like