Deals -- Perennial List of Things on Sale - GAS Warning!

Just want to throw in a recommendation for fellow Swedes Klevgränd! Their plugins sound excellent and look good to me :slight_smile: they have black friday /cyber monday whatever sales right now. just a tip! I most often use their Finalizer but I’ve also used their voice-synth Jussi on a couple tracks!

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the alert. Loved these plugins when I tried the demos!

I love Studio one btw. It’s my DAW of choice and everything just makes sense in it. With SO4 they’ve gone in a direction that’s a lot more geared toward “producers” with pattern sequencing and a heavy emphasis on their drum machine (similar to Ableton’s drum rack from what I’ve seen) which is really quite good.

But it’s still got a very capable DAW underneath all of that. I used FL for a while which just plain isn’t geared toward recording music, though it can do it very crudely. After that I tried Logic for a while and couldn’t stand it. So many aspects of that program left me scratching my head and wondering why they would design something a certain way. Studio One hasn’t once done that for me. Plus it’s just snappy and quick and feels good.

2 Likes

Great tip! These plugins look great and affordable. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s seem to be a great DAW. They tried to take the best the best of each DAW I think.
I was thinking I would just buy it to have a DAW for recording and mixing purposes and keep Ableton for producing for now. As much as I love Ableton, they’re late for this basic recording/mixing features (like comping) and I don’t expect them to change the software in this regard. I’d like them to integrate more tools oriented at songwriting, a bit like Studio One did. I hope Studio One will wake up Ableton a bit. It’s nice to give us a Wavetable synth but nobody was expecting them to do so. I understand a compagny can’t always give what their customers want, but people want them to integrate features to improve the workflow and songwriting process. I mean there is so much third party plugins that have been done for hacking music theory (captain chords, scaler and others) I’d like to see fully integrated in a DAW.
At twice the price of Studio One, I can’t understand why they move so slowly, it’s already version 10 and the piano roll is still ass compared to others.

Ik uno £156

IK Multimedia UNO Synth | True analog synthesizer https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D1GNLDM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hwU8BbG07WW9Z

1 Like

I’ve never used Ableton but I’ve seen enough videos of people making tracks in it. It really seems to me the truth is in the name: Ableton LIVE. Very good for live performance (I would imagine unparalleled, though again it seems Studio One is trying to figure that out… I think it’s even got a Studio Live thing? Haven’t checked it out), not top notch at the other stuff.

I really can’t recommend Studio One enough. If you’re on the fence you can do the trial for 30 days… But idk how long the 50% off deal will last.

EDIT: I also don’t see why you can’t use Studio One for producing (you mean like “making beats”?) as well. With the pattern editor and its equivalent of a drum rack (Impact XT) I find it very straight forward and easy to use. You’ll have to learn some things (like routing and whatnot) but I imagine that’s the case with, well… Anything lol.

It’s funny because a lot of the cats at the SO forums were actually kind of irritated with the 4 paid upgrade from 3. Most folks there don’t do any “producing” and thought the chord track, patterns, improved sampler and drum rack were a waste of money. But it’s obvious–especially with the new ATOM controller that just came out–that PreSonus is really trying to grab a hold of that Ableton audience.

And frankly their recording and mixing is so robust and refined that only small tweaks can be added at this point. All the complaints I hear are for features I had never even thought about or considered, but might be more important if you’re a super professional type who uses stuff like Pro Tools and Logic to edit along with film. Afaic, “production” was the one glaring hole in Studio One and they’re filling it up fast

1 Like

Looks like Reverb.com has a ton of items listed with an additional 15% off! Take a look, you might find something good. Saw a Digitone on there for $628 brand new, free shipping.

2 Likes

This probably won’t wait for me to post it, it will be gone:

Again the Arturia Minibrute 2S (open box) for $320 shipping included in the USA.

2 Likes

How about a Behringer Neutron (new) for $255?

This also will be gone soon.

2 Likes

I just ordered a new Digitakt for 520€!
It’s my first Elektron box! :sunglasses:

EDIT:
Sadly Turnlab.be has sent me a refund with a message saying:

“Hello We just noticed that the last Digitakt in stock came to use damaged. It has to be returned to Elektron. We aren’t able to provide any Digitakt until we receive new stock, but it’s unclear when that will be. Sorry about this! Maks”

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::expressionless::disappointed_relieved:

Honestly I’m almost convinced that they changed idea about their price (effectively it was a real bargain).
Well I’m waiting for a nice offer for jumping on a Digitakt :wink:

12 Likes

Eurorack modules (lots of different ones), most new, 15% off, FREE shipping

Perfect Circuit (in California) via Reverb.

ADDED: There are other Eurorack modules, many new, at Reverb, from retailers other than Perfect Circuit too.

1 Like

Waldorf Streichfett new for $315 FREE shipping

I’ve bought something before from 8th Street Music happily.

2 Likes

Front End Audio has Warm Audio outboard hardware 15% off through the end of the year.

3 Likes

I had this thing for a bit and just didn’t use it. I love those sounds, but it ended up just sitting in my studio and Arturia (and Gforce) have very adequate string synths, too. So since I got those, and since that thing never left the house, it just seemed redundant.

It kept its value though, funny enough. I think I got back basically what I paid for it.

Moog Sales

We were expecting these. Moog seems to have green-lighted this sale, so you can find them at lots of retailers. (Maybe outside of the USA too, maybe not?)

Subsequent 37 – $1250 that’s $250 off
Sub Phatty – $680 that’s $120 off
Mother 32 – $500 that’s $100 off
DFAM – $500 that’s $100 off

2 Likes

Patterning 2 for iOS is 25% off

3 Likes

AAS Session bundle free with any paid purchase at Time + Space

FabFilter Pro Q2 $111 at Time + Space

And if I’m reading that correctly… they’ll also throw in AAS Session bundle as well.

4 Likes

Over at Time+Space there is slightly better deals as well.

• Volcano 2 Filter $53.50 ( 59% off )
  • Timeless 2 Delay: $53.50 ( 59% off )
  • Pro-R Reverb $124.00 ( 38% off )
  • Pro-Q 2 EQ $112.00 ( 37% off )

And the rest as well; I only care / am interested in those four; so you go check the rest out / do the math yourself.

And as per previous post: “AAS Session bundle free with any paid purchase at Time + Space”

4 Likes

I second the recommendation, top notch i think.