DFAM mind melting thread

Niice- how do you midi sync 2dfam?

1 Like

Wonderful!

No MIDI, CUE out to ADV/Clock!

Yep a drive pedal pairs always nice with the DFAM! Recently a friend brought his Neutron to my studio and we run the DFAM to the audio ins. Tweak saturation and filter. A bit of delay. BƤm.

2 Likes

Nice!

What is a cue output? Is the same of a external output of a Rytm

This is super love! Great idea! Need to experiment, but it should do the trick.

3 Likes

CUE out is separate outbound source of audio. For the Rytm you could use one of the outs yes. Try it out!

I see it is an audio output basicly
I will try

Getting my hands dirty again with the DFAM. Just a nasty, no-frills jam with the DFAM (some of it going through Lyra-8) and messing around live with the newly acquired Dynacord Echocord Mini for some textures and almost guitar-like leads. Octatrack used as a mixer.

This is no summer music.

5 Likes

For those of you that are interested, I decided to do it myself and get all my stuff available on all the streaming sites. Thatā€™s how its done these days apparently.
so if you digged my stuff and wanted to get it in your ears, that will happen soonā€¦

Dunville Loop EP being released August 27th
Extra Dry EP being released September 27th

4 Likes

Seems I totally forgot to post this longer trip hop like DFAM jam. They are more like instruments in this one.

Itā€™s a weird jam, so enjoy?

2 Likes

So Dfam control Lyra.?

Hi who do you use 2 Dfams?

Iā€™m just running some of the DFAM audio through Lyra for FX, especially distortion but I feel some interesting things happen using the Lyra delay on DFAM as well.

I havenā€™t used the cv ins of Lyra a whole lot to be honest, but itā€™s another good reason to pair it with the DFAM to have that option (I only have the A4 to do cv in addition to the DFAM).

And two DFAMs, you say? @selfup is probably the person to answer that question. I can make do with recording DFAM loops into the Octatrack.

Cool

I typically use the DFAMs as rythmic machines, not the main drums.

Or one rythmic and one mono synth.

Sequencer triggered by the OT via CUE out.

Once the A4 comes in (on the way yay), Iā€™ll be able to CV control both, so hopefully I will move on to the A4 as the sequencer and get some real thick sounds. DFAM can sound HUGE as a synth.

Thereā€™s a certain fun to using conditional trigs on the DFAMs. They start to just make their own songā€¦

2 Likes

I see yeah I was thinking of getting an A4 and a Dfam to be honest

1 Like

Also here is one where I use comb filter on the DFAMs again. Sounds so industrial. Unreal!

DN with lead and weird chirpy sounds.

9 Likes

This is definitely my favourite thread on this board. I really need to dig in to my DFAM more. Struggling a bit with gear paralysis atmā€¦

4 Likes

Ok, Iā€™m going in. Pulling the plug on a Lyra. Iā€™m shit at sequencing anyway, Iā€™ll just bash away at my DFAM and Lyra until itā€™s bedtime.

6 Likes