DFAM mind melting thread

That’s the spirit

5 Likes

This comes a bit late, but I recently used the DFAM as a 303 with an Empress Echosystem and a Boss OD-pedal. Lots of fun for me, not my neighbours! :grin:

2 Likes

If you ever plan to sync your DFAM to your Octatrack, here is a little guide how you can do that + a fun little jam on the Acid-Capabilities of the DFAM. Enjoy!

EDIT: Also did a follow-up where I go into more detail on how to sync the DFAM to the Octatrack, a couple pro’s and con’s, the patch I use to trigger the DFAM and of course a nasty Aciiiid Jam in both videos!

9 Likes

This is great! Thanks for sharing

1 Like

And so it begins…

14 Likes

Just discovered something using velocity out of Dfam to trigger Peaks drum sound. A trigger is sent when velocity is turned all the way down therefore it acts like an unintentional sidechain effect.

4 Likes

Been experimenting. Got that tesla coil sound somehow woo. A lil bit of classic DFAM and some emulated Lyra sounds (towards 35ish seconds)

Enjoy the weirdness

3 Likes

The HEAT just butters up the toast. DOPESTUFF great use of MOOG and company

2 Likes

I made the mistake of selling my DFAM one year ago. Last week I remedied this situation and did penance by ordering a Subharmonicon today. I think a certain Moogy virus has caught me :wink:

2 Likes

I just added a Subharmonicon to the DFAM. They’re both just so much fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I put back my DFAM in the case, since I had no desk space left I didn’t use while it was out… Kinda dumb but for some reason I prefer 1000% using it when it mingles with the rest of my system. Had to shelve a lot of modules to make it fit but it’s a nice temporary change. I really missed the filter, it sounds so damn good. Not using it for percussion in this little snippet, just a square wave and some powerful noise fed into the filter, a phaser and a dirty delay.

5 Likes

Around 45 seconds DFAM is used to accent the rest of the rhythm based track:

This one is a bit thicker, darker, and DFAM leads the way. A4 for taste:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Two EPs featuring some DFAM techno nonsense. (Also Lyra 8 and a few other toys)

Actually released on all those filthy streaming scum pits a while ago I just forgot to get them up on bandcamp…

4 Likes

Good stuff!

2 Likes

Thank you

Will have a proper listen tomorrow, sleeping children restrict enjoyment

1 Like

You’ve heard em before I think. On soundcloud. I just went and did the online distrokid thing and then bandcamp nonsense.

1 Like

going in with the DFAM :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Just bought this off bandcamp and if the name is any indication, it was recorded using the DFAM a lot. Well actually it says so in the press release.

Special mention is for #moog for the great instrument they made which helped me to came out with fresh ideas that I’m pretty sure are going to be the future of my sound from now on.

It’s really excellent and only further proves that the DFAM is a great instrument/techno machine.

7 Likes