DFAM mind melting thread

oh my that’s inspiring…

3 Likes

Not much on the gear side.

I’ve recorded the main outs of OB and that is what you’re hearing mainly.

The DFAM and Boog D volume was a bit low so I’ve boosted their individual tracks.

Added a tiny low boost on the Boog D.

The other individual tracks are blended back into the main outs with a tiny bit of reverb (because they are dry) and that’s it.

I have a tape plugin, EQ plugin (boost a bit the lows) and compressor on the master bus.

Vocal is heavily treated haha :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

this feels like putting a harness on a wild animal. turning it into just another sound source. Kinda defeats the purpose.

i know, right?
also… synchronizing drum sequencers, who needs that, anyway?

fair point. maybe I don’t DAW enough.

Check the Gaz todays jam with OT and DFAM. Well, splendid as always. Just cant get enough of his energy and his sessions. Truly a class of its own. My respect !

is that the one from today with the misinformation about the OT having USB 1.1?

I love him, but the reason the OT doesn’t have USB over MIDI has nothing to do with it having USB 1.1 (because it has USB 2.0)

back, on the DFAM. I do wish it had MIDI sync.

2 Likes

Very Nice

8 Likes

DFAM + DIGITAKT

3 Likes

The MAFD 2hp looks cool… does anyone have one? If so, what do you think?

Also, to any current owners, does it respond to MIDI clock, or does it need a sequence of notes?

??? what ? get a break. nice jam there … the Gaz style. but yeah dfam does not have a midi sync, so thats when trig outs from tr8s and other toys comes handy. Gaz is a loveable. one of few on the scene. he is a gem …… the klf one :slight_smile:

I know you know this, but CUE out from OT or CV from A4 :upside_down_face:

Also comb filter on OT for DFAM is amazing… sorry for repost but just in case you need inspiration:

8 Likes

Don’t want to lose a track.

Don’t have an A4, anymore.

I wonder if I could clock it off my Pro 2 :thinking:

1 Like

Fair point on the track. I had no idea about the a4.

Hmm time to investigate I suppose :upside_down_face:

Yea, Doepfer msy2 is probably best bet for my needs.
But for now I am going to push Microtonic through the Analog Heat more in an attempt to resist the lure of the DFAM. Lack of MIDI is just an added barrier.

1 Like

Hold the phone… my Heat has DIN Sync out.
Perhaps this would work?

Anyone using a DIN Sync to clock cable similar to this with their DFAM?

2 Likes

Wow that’s pretty awesome TBH. If you just need clock then yea this could be the play. No exp using something like this with DFAM though. Wonder if it’s 5V. Seems to work around 3.2V but it’s not perfect. If it’s euro then it should work for ADV/CLOCK on the DFAM. Just arm the RUN button on the left and good to go AFAIK…

This opens up using the DN/DT/OT/etc… on Sync A/B (supports DIN right?) if true…

Yea, it would. And also AR without using a track for the impulse machine.

I was happy when the Heat meant I could use my DIN Sync modded DR-110 again, but this would be even cooler and also break down that barrier. :thinking:

2 Likes

For the price it’s worth gamble I’d say! Could you test this on the Pro 2?

1 Like