DFAM mind melting thread

I could, but I loaned it to @tr909 and I want to let him have it for at least a few more weeks.

But it got me thinking of other possible solutions. My DR-110 can send a clock off the accent. So I could possibly use it for similar functionality. Unfortunately it’s battery power only, no longer works with power supply.

Still, for $12 plus shipping I may just order one as it would be good to have around, DFAM or not.

1 Like

Fair enough. Keep us posted!

1 Like

Couldn’t I use the RUN input on the DFAM?
It looks like this ALM cable sends both clock and run, each on individual jacks.

1 Like

Both so the tempo is right but yea that should work. I’ve never tried it that way.

1 Like

Some hip hop vibes…

3 Likes

Lucky you… I just ordered a Lyra-8 and the Cable was 11 bucks. I’ll let you know next week! The idea of just a DN and a DFAM is enticing haha

2 Likes

Yes DFAM works great at any tempo/cadence. Some tricks for sounding like video game explosions or whatnot but this is great!

2 Likes

Doesn’t need it. Sample the trig out, use an OT flex via cue to send trig to the DFAM advance clock in.
OT then can do all sorts of trig madness with the DFAM. Its addictive. Thats how I do it.

(Ive also got the little korg SQ1, but the OT sample trick is more fun)

Welcome to the conversation.
As @PeterHanes says, “previously on Elektronauts” …

2 Likes

Do you have Ableton? I sync mine using CVtools and running a Floating Ring cable out of my Motu Ultralite. I’ve also got a Ladik Midi to trigger module, but not sure if you eurorack. Blackbox also works sending clock out to the Dfam.

1 Like

Good call!

1 Like

I wonder if Logic has something similar to Ableton Live CVtools, that seems really practical:

Won’t it be super fast (24ppq)?

Thank you!

1 Like

Here are some EBM vibes with the DFAM + TR-8

10 Likes

Elektrons with din sync out can select to send 24 or 48

1 Like

But that would probably mean the sequencer will run fast – DFAM doesn’t have any clock divider (assuming you want each sequencer step to be one sixteenth note)

Can’t pretend to be an expert in all this, but if I remember rightly, I think the DFAM receives clock at 4ppq.

1/128th notes here I come!

4 Likes

Nice maths.