DFAM mind melting thread

This is DARK.

1 Like

This thread melted my mind. I now have a DFAM arriving today.

9 Likes

I found this kinda cool kick rhythm by using the pitch into the tempo of the DFAM, it had this weird swing to it but could not, for the sake of me, sync everything together so I tried to recreate it by sequencing the DFAM with the A4, lost the swing but oh well…

I really love the DN distortion btw.
This time I used the DN input for the DFAM, I think it has more headroom than the A4 mkI (?).

I do start to play the bass on the right hand and some chords on the left hand, sloppy haha.

8 Likes

One clock tick into the adv/clock jack on the DFAM equals one step advance on the sequencer.

1 Like

Last night a dreamed about DFAM as an off beat bass so I had to try it out

9 Likes

The DFAM has some kind of bandpass filter, just use the resonance knob and you have a low cut. Never thought of it before…

2 Likes

DFAM melted my mind so here’s a second one! Any patching advice?

5 Likes

That photo tripped me out, I just got a DFAM and I have it in a 104hp case with DFAM on the left and a black FX aid on the right…no Circles but I’ve got a steppy in there and it’s a lot of fun. No idea what I would do with another drummer from another other mother

3 Likes

My main idea of using two DFAMS are using the first one as sort of kick drum and the second one as melody (e.g. acid). First one with Low pass and second with high pass, so they don’t compete in the frequencies. Second advantage is, the first DFAM can play the basic rhythm where as the second one plays a polyrhythm (triggered by the Circles) on top.

2 Likes

I thought about a 2nd DFAM for a while, but I added a subh this weekend, hoping for similar acid type interplay.
I used the lifeforms before, but I’ll probably try to use that for pad/lead type stuff on top.

8 Likes

Nice, I just put this case together to use for the next little while till I move. This should keep me entertained for a couple of months (the heat is a bit of a luxury for this situation but it just looks so nice there…)

2 Likes

Damn that looks like so much fun, I have a subh too and looking forward to putting them together

Less pictures, more music people.

8 Likes

:grinning: More pictures and more music

This is a moog subharmonicon and dfam playing while modulating each other, accompanied by AR and sent through valhalla supermassive vst.

I recently added a DFAM to the subharmonicon and I really enjoy this combination, it`s a lot of fun!

23 Likes

wonderful track!

1 Like

Just close eyes and go for it.

The A4 sequencing the DFAM yet again.
I’m so glad I can use the CV outs of the A4, it’s like a brand new toy haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJJBpM4ZwnU

9 Likes

:ok_hand:

1 Like

Fantastic, great songwriting again. The live playing actually enhances the looseness of the rhythm IMO.

2 Likes