DFAM mind melting thread

I’m genuinely impressed at how much filth the master compressor is capable of creating. It’s also really fucking punchy.

4 Likes

Truth. Its (yet another) reason why octatrack rules.

It distorts in a very agressive yet tonal way. So for some types of music it really likes to be slammed.

3 Likes

I think it might be the final 5% of the sound I’ve been trying to make for the last 5 years.

I’m finally in a position where I can turn on my gear and bangers just fall out sounding exactly how I want them to with minimal effort.

I’d also forgotten how at home the DFAM sounds amongst 909 samples.

3 Likes

4:52AM

Once again excellent pre coffee jolt.

You really are making a ton lately.

My phone’s tweeter finally died to this.

Excellent :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

How much of that was samples (including sampling dfam)?

Just the 909 hat and clap, everything else was live and in real time.

1 Like

Wow nice. You’re clearly far more skilled at dfam than I am. I get so lost so quickly that whatever sound I loved is gone.

Repatching while you go too?

Well I’m also using the Quadrantid Swarm and Lyra 8, so the DFAM is only really doing the massive kick/bass bit with an extra bit of white noise on it, so no repatching needed, just muting channels on the OT.

1 Like

Put this on the current sounds thread, but it probably belongs here really.

Mostly DFAM and Quad Swarm, with a teensy bit of Lyra and a couple of 909 samples.

It’s kind of a failed attempt at Terry Riley Techno, but whatever.

6 Likes

Fuk yeh!

1 Like

DFAM is used for the HH (switching the attack speed creates a brushy sound that I like) and to sequence one of the Subharmonicon sub OSC with the pitch sequence . Not mind melting in anyway but it was my first time patching the DFAM/Sub and that was fun!

9 Likes

This is such great music from you! Wow!!! Reminds me to Apparat.

1 Like

oh thanks man! I indeed like Apparat even though I get the Thom Yorke comparison more haha

1 Like

New jam with the DFAM, working as Kick + Snare Combo

6 Likes

Rad groove. Downloaded.

1 Like

Thief.

Give it back, Napster bastard.

3 Likes

Exactly what I thought. Pay for your music or fuckoff.

Could not find it on your BC. It’s like you were asking for it.

He’s keeping the good stuff for YT. Totally deserved it :stuck_out_tongue:

You could have been cool, and asked him if its going to be available on BC. Thats a good thing to do. Asking people. Then you could have paid for it, and made the artist feel good.

Instead you chose the dick move.