DFAM mind melting thread

Tiny Face is fucking awesome! Props

1 Like

Couldnā€™t control myself and ordered a DFAM. Should be coming in today :blush:

Canā€™t wait to try it with the cool new input options delay/comp) of my digitakt!

2 Likes

Wow, only have it for about 24h now, but everytime Iā€™m near to the dfam I have to play with it for a bit.

Techno just keeps flowing out of this box

7 Likes

justā€¦
needā€¦
to get
ā€¦usedā€¦toā€¦
the
ā€¦sub-har-mon-i-conā€¦

holding steadyā€¦I can do thisā€¦nnnnrrrggghhh

1 Like

All this OT compressor talkā€¦ going to hook up the DFAMs to my OT + AH tonight (CUE out for trigger).

RIP nearby ears

7 Likes

This is the way.

5 Likes

Can you spot the DFAM in this track? Iā€™m not even sure it works in this composition, but I couldnā€™t resist putting it in. Hope my fellow DFAMily is doing well out there. Love this synth.

4 Likes

Thinking to expand my DFAM and add it to the live impro tek rig.

As for expander thinking about 2nd dfam or even 84hp System with 2x dfams + erica bass drum / sample drum and some utilities.

What would u suggest?

I guess 2x or even 4x dfams is a hell of fun! Or less is more and it will b a way too fat and dirty wall of sound?

OK, OK, under use of the DFAM here but pairing with my new baby modular rig was a lot of fun!

4 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying myself immensely patching different stuff into tempo on the patchbay. Pitch into tempo for example gives wonderfully odd rhythms, not to mention just putting your finger on the plug and manipulate the tempo by the amount of skin thatā€™s touching the tip. Are there any other half modular drum machines or sequencers? Iā€™ve never had this much fun with a sequencer based synth before.

If you have a sampler 1x DFAM can be done but DFAM is more of an in the moment device. Give one DFAM a shot and youā€™ll know pretty quick I promise. I ordered the 2nd one within a week haha

2 Likes

Yeah I already use it for a couple of years) more in a studio environment and sometimes live, but as an additional acid lineā€¦

What I do at home often is set it up in sync with Ableton or EHX looper, record about One minute loop and immediately start to overdub with another layer, and later just mix those 10-20 loops/ layers into a track.

But as you mentioned dfam is a Mega live tool, iā€™d love to try it with 4x dfams and beatstep or maybe 2x dfam plus 60hp eurorack.

Should be killer for stage dark technoā€¦ DJ Moogā€¦ :slight_smile:

However sometimes is sounds more like an annoying wall of noise, so it really dependsā€¦ good to have a little of outboard efx and mixer with eq for some sound shaping

1 Like

Pulsar-23?

2 Likes
20 Likes

Nice. More musical than your usual offerings. Any changes to your setup?

P.s. apparently this is the 3rd time Iā€™ve replied to you in this topic and I should encourage other people to get involvedā€¦

1 Like

Thanks, not really, got an SQ-1 to control my fusion system and Iā€™ve got an Acidbox 3 to handle the distortion, which is significantly more subtle and musical than just smashing the shit out of the OTā€™s master compressor, I guess.

Yeah, fuck me and my opinions.

2 Likes

Its not a bad little box that eh?
Liking Ioā€™s song. Your style is really developing, easing off on the compressors definitely a good move.

3 Likes

Itā€™s actually really good, way more versatile than it first looks.

Yeah, the Acidbox really helps, nice saturation and distortion without pushing the mids too hard and making the mix a bit too harsh.

3 Likes

mental !

1 Like

Does the Acidbox fulfil the same function as the old Analog Heat? Or different kind of thing?

1 Like