DFAM mind melting thread

The irony is lost on me. A good sound is a good sound.

2 Likes

DFAM Kick at 158 BPM + DFAM Trance Bass

8 Likes

Got a dfam today. After playing with it for 20 minutes I really dig it, and can already feel the walls Iā€™ve built to protect me from eurorack crumble

5 Likes

It was DFAM that did it for me too.

Now I spend all my waking hours on modular grid trying to fill that 3hp gap in the side of my case with something Iā€™ll actually use.

Itā€™s great fun.

1 Like

If it can secure your walls: I find the best DFAM lines I make are those I make with the DFAM alone, without the rest of my rack.

2 Likes

Iā€™m considering selling mine.

Dude. This is ridiculously good. Love your voice :heart:
And now I want a dfam

4 Likes

Been there, done that.

1 Like

Realised I really need a bigger mixer. Ive outgrown the little Zed 10. DFAM doesnt really get much use, especially now Ive made an effort to get friendly with the MS20. So DFAM will fund a new mixer.

1 Like

The only way Iā€™d sell mine is to fund a Pulsar, which wonā€™t be happening any time soonā€¦

2 Likes

I havenā€™t actually been using my DFAM much lately, as Iā€™ve been making stuff without any rhythm or pulse. I should look into using it as a drone synth more, as itā€™s more than capable of that.

1 Like

Not sure if Iā€™ve posted this in this thread or somewhere else, but made this track using only DFAM when I owned it. Just to try out the capabilities:

11 Likes

Truth! I could buy three mixers for the price of one of thoseā€¦

Fun though it is, I dont think DFAM is worth keeping for my musical adventures.

IDK, Iā€™ve found the sequencer both inspiring and limited. Itā€™s really fun to use, but often I find myself missing midi control for the music I want to make. One solution would be to sample sounds into the OT and use it, but IDKā€¦ Iā€™m not giving up, as it sounds really great but I have found myself wondering if a Subharmonicon would be more what Iā€™d like. Then again, a Subharmonicon doesnā€™t sounds like the DFAM.

I really donā€™t like the way the subharmonicon sounds, not my jam at all.

I dunno, I think DFAM ownership is a bit of a mixed bag of hyper enthusiasm and moderate annoyance, with the occasional burst of indifference.

Iā€™m at that point I get to after I make an album where Iā€™m looking to change things up a bit. Havenā€™t thought about selling my DFAM this time though, despite the fact that Iā€™m Kinda moving away from making beat based music.

2 Likes

Yeah, I havenā€™t really researched it. I just know itā€™s really versatile.

If only there was a readily available version of the MS-20 with the form function of DFAM or Subharmoniconā€¦ That didnā€™t have the B logo on the front, hah.

2 Likes

I think Ive eaten all the enthusiasm and ended up left with a bag full of indifferenceā€¦ like those sherbert UFO thingsā€¦ pppffff and I spent 50p on that fucking mixed bag.

1 Like

Give it two months, when youā€™ve sold your and the next hyper enthusiast wave comes to the thread.

I now lost my GAS. Thanks for saving me money :wink:

1 Like

images (12)

3 Likes