DFAM mind melting thread

The Moog Sound Studio 3 is a must have I believe

Tried it, Works perfectly! Thanks a lot :beers:

Only thing thatā€™s a bit irritating is that the fader needs to be up, but the sound still comes out on master out so you have to turn the gain to -inf.

My guess this function is nice if you want to layer an external devices sound with a sound from the TR8S.

Again thanks for saving the DFAMs input :sunglasses::muscle:

I am new to the whole cv/clock thing so bare with me pleaseā€¦
How do I send clock to the DFAM from Hydrasynth or Microfreak or Keystep?
Is there a precise voltave/clock to be sent to the DFAM?
Thanks for any help :pray:

Iā€™m not sure what you did since the dedicated trigger output has no faderā€¦ But heyā€¦ glad you found a solution !

You just plug the clock out (might be called sync) from keystep to adv/clock on the DFAM. Manually advance the sequencer on the DFAM to step 8 and then press run on the DFAM. Nothing should happen yet. When you hit play on the keystep it will send a clock signal and each pulse will advance the DFAM a step. The DFAM sequencer does not reset so that is why you need to manually get the sequencer on the correct step (although you can get some nice accidents sometimes starting on steps other than the start).

Does that make sense?

Absolutely :slight_smile:
So I could send MIDI sync from Digitakt to Keystep then from KEYSTEP clock out to DFAM adv/clock?

Yes, I believe you can use the keystep as a midi to CV converter, though I donā€™t remember trying that myself. I think the caveat is that you have to have the keystep sequencer running in order to send analog clock.

1 Like

Seems like the TR8S sends a constant stream of 16th note pulses. Thatā€™s okay, but if you can use the sequencer to lay trigs you can create very interesting patterns. To do so I needed to make some adjustments. You loose one track, but gain more flexibility.

Nopeā€¦ The TR-8S sends whatever pulses you enter on the trigger out sequence. Itā€™s not limited to 16th.

Dude! Thatā€™s even better :exploding_head::rofl::+1:

"Those who can read clearly have an advantage.ā€™ a German proverb.

Thanks for pointing that out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah, I canā€™t point to the manual page now but you just hit CC+RC and now you have your trigger out sequencer lane. Makes for more interesting DFAM sequences than the default ā€œ8 step loopy shiteā€ (Ā© darenager 2021)

Found it too after scanning the surface. The manual is rather meh in this regard.

It gets really interesting when you have a trig count thatā€™s not divisible by 2.

1 Like

Two tracks of DFAM + a tiny sprinkle of synth

4 Likes

Thank you so very much @Grate_expectations :pray:

5 Likes

Syncing triggers and cv from the SubH sequencers. Lots of possibilities there.

14 Likes

Very nice piece. Inspiring.
Thanks for sharing :pray:

1 Like

Much appreciated.

Nice!!!

1 Like

Kick and Perc by the two DFAMs. Vinyl is looped with a bit of tape

11 Likes

Anyone syncing dfam with a neutron? How are they?