DFAM mind melting thread

This is a kick snare patch with some extra samples from the Digitakt and Blackbox. M-32 on bass. One thing I like about the DFAM, that simple 8 step pattern sometimes prompts a lot of fun ideas. Thanks for listening.

9 Likes

superb.

Nothing to sync on a neutron. You could sequence it with the dfam though

Really fun together, i love patching the dfam sequencer into the multiplier on the neutron then to pitch, some wild notes are bound to happen.

I mean can I clock into the neutron from key step / A4 / ableton etc and then out to dfam somehow?

Ambient jam with the DFAM and SubH. DFAM covering a variety of tones and textures. Later joined by a little A4 and Rev 2. The eventual murky soundscape helped along by some Audiothing fx and Valhalla reverbs.
Pouring rain for days here in the Pacific Northwest. I’ts a beautiful thing.

6 Likes

Nice. What’s the lead synth as the track is getting on for the three minute mark? Very eBoCative!

1 Like

Cheers mate. Rev 2 brings in the velvet.

1 Like

just tried to create a rhythmical noise by patching the pitch into the tempo and I have no idea of the tempo or time signature while I play a 17/16 steps sequence on the Digitone and try to play 4/4 on the Rev2… If I judge by the dislikes on my video, it is my most hated jam haha… I was happy with it though…

5 Likes

i would like to sell ma DFAM. it’s not worth anymore without a Mother 32

You do have 2 oscillators so you could kinda replace the Mother 32 by using one of them for melody (vco1/2 cv outs) but you would need a few others things for that I guess. It was quite fun to input the DFAM oscillators into the A4. T1/T2 used the L/R inputs as oscillators so you get 2 filters, EG, vca, mixer, fx, LFOs and a full blown sequencer to mangle the sound. or get your Mother 32 back :sweat_smile:

I plugged back my DFAM after a couple months not using it and here was a tom/sub sequence waiting for me , so I made the most of it :

1 Like

I’ve been messing around with a looper patch (re: zoia pedal), ran this DFAM pattern backwards and got inspired to add some drums and bass. I’m not sure if this qualifies as breakbeat.

5 Likes

wanted to try the DFAM as a duophonic synth so I’m using the VCOs out from the patchbay plugged into the Analog Four (track 1 and 2 use external inputs as oscillators) and the internal sequencer is used as an LFO modulating the FM amount. Really like what’s coming out of it (I mean the sound, not my jam haha)

8 Likes

Jam with DFAM 1 as fat kick and DFAM 2 as polyrhythmic stab

12 Likes

nice one. damn good job. w/dfam . . superb jam . . .

2 Likes

Banging.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

With an OT on the way I am thinking that will take my DFAM ideas to another level. Typically I send sync from my TR8s to my SQ1 and then into the DFAM. It’s super lazy though since I am sending both sq1 gates A/B which basically just starts the DFAM sequencer and thats it. I recorded takes like that into ableton while modulating knobs and then edited to fit the tune.

I also can send CV out of my MPC and basically step sequence the DFAM that way.

Regardless, I am wondering for those of you who sample it into the Octatrack, do you just grab a 4 bar sequence off the DFAM and do most of your mangling in the OT or get more creative with your sequencing first?

My “issue” is I get pretty sweet patches going on the DFAM and they sound good just when I trigger the damn machine with start stop and let its super basic sequencer run…lol.

My typical usage for the DFAM is percussion or sound FX to compliment a drum pattern.

Been waiting to post in this thread after pouring over the hundreds of posts and enjoying everybody’s mind-melting contributions, also my first post on the forum in general and figured this was the best place to start.
Just finished an ep made with dfam and octatrack, octa handling drums and other stuff, dfam getting sync/triggers and cv modulation via beatstep pro. Had a lot of fun making this the past month or so and tried to showcase the dfams percussive and simultaneously melodic abilities while remaining steeped in it’s own filth, love this thing. Also love this forum, rock on elektronauts.

EDIT: Perhaps embedding the bandcamp player takes a little more know-how…

2 Likes