DFAM mind melting thread

uploaded 2 (unreleased) tracks on my Soundcloud :panda:
tell me what you think/feel ! … it was an intense session

the arrangement of a track in a live situation still is the most difficult part for me :exploding_head:
the Moog DFAM was the center piece

14 Likes

A jam that I recorded. I really like the DFAM for the more clinical sounding noise and beeps kind of stuff. But even though that’s how I often start, it sucks me back into techno/industrial stuff. I feel like I’ll get better at mastering it with more discipline and practice so that I can start with intent and end with intent. But that rarely happens. One annoying thing about the DFAM is it’s so hard to replicate what the hell I did. That’s why I feel like I have to always keep recording on when I use it (Mylarmelodies mentioned that as well). Anyways, added some video to keep interest. No effects or processing. Recorded into Ableton. Patchbay is Pitch into Tempo.

14 Likes

Hii in about 3 mins :panda: i planned a video premiere of todays jam session with the DFAM & the Octatrack xxx all the best
:milky_way: Moog Dfam: percussion / bass
:3lektron: Octatrack: sounds, textures, layers & looping

14 Likes

I caught the last 20 minutes or so. Nice, thanks.

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:thanks for listening

Nine minutes listening now, really Nice! Makes me sometimes think of minilogue six arms one leg.

2 Likes

oh wow thanks for sharing! listening to it now

5/4th might be challanging on dfam though

1 Like

A decidedly not-bad Bad Gear showing:

2 Likes

Awesome work!

1 Like

Big toms, hard to find a better instrument for this really :

4 Likes

Hey, the Tom’s are great but the Bob’s are even better. Great, I like it !

You could just sample it , so many single hits to be sourced from this device … you probably never need to look elsewhere for kicks , toms , hh , snares , blips , blops , the works…use these sounds in every clickydiclack deep/tech/minimal house fashion you like .

it is what it is :diddly: :grin: i totally enjoy jamming on it

1 Like

Quick jam on the ole DFAM. Nothing groundbreaking. Recorded dry. Starting to use the noise function more. Works great for adding depth when reducing low pass filter cutoff. Put together some video with it.

5 Likes

Here is my new album titled “Chasms”, a dark ambient electronica fantasy.

Chasms follows the narrative of a person who feels hopelessly lost becoming found again. The tracks on this album are a result of me jamming with various analog synthesizers which ran into the Chasm delay software I created using MAX. The Chasm delay software comprises of 2 audio input channels each running through their own pair of delays (one long and one short). The highlight of this software are the various routing options for the delay feedback which I like to use for creating dark, gritty, and deeply textured sonic atmospheres.

INSTRUMENTATION Moog DFAM, Moog Subharmonicon, Pittsburgh Modular SV-1b, Korg Monologue, Chasm Delay Software

3 Likes

I have a Moog Grandmother and I’m thinking of getting a similarly knobby drum machine.

Into: weird, off-kilter drum patterns, usually I use the OP-Z for my drums.

Not into: Techno, acid, squelches.

I like to get weird and experimental. I also really dig one-knob-per-function instruments.

The idea is that this could take rhythm duties, the GM would do bass and melodies, and weird glitchy stuff. I think they might also end up working as a kind of hybrid beast.

Or should I look elsewhere?

1 Like

Here’s what I did with my DFAM:

With the Circuit Tracks and the Pro Solo MK3 I replaced the sequencer, could have as many steps I wanted and could change patterns and sounds just with the press of a pad. A completely different approach to the Sonoclast.
(Edit: Sonoclast as of June 2022)

9 Likes

Nice. Reminds me of the album “Greg hates car culture” by Venetian Snares, love that gritty breakcore/gabber sound

1 Like

My new ambient synth album with a cosmic theme! Featuring the Moog DFAM and Subharmonicon. Now available for streaming and digital purchase. Enjoy! :blush:
https://dmrakovcich.bandcamp.com/album/voyager