DFAM mind melting thread

Just picked up one of these to sequence my DFAM (among other things) with my Digitakt/DAW. Having access to customizable midi cc-cv outputs is going to be so nice! P-locks anyone? :heat: :loopy:

1 Like

I’m curious if the pro solo mk3 can play individual DFAM steps out of sequence. This is a feature that caught my eye with the “DFAM thing” but if it is possible with the mk3, I might just go for that instead.

I don’t think it’s possible. The whole idea of this setup is to completely bypass the DFAM’s sequencer and be able to program everything on the Tracks. I mapped pitch and velocity to the Track’s knobs, so it would feel the same.
The “DFAM thing” must have some kind of logic and trigger multiple "advance"s to achieve this. If I’m not completely mistaken :wink: Perhaps someone can correct me.

I had a similar setup using hexinverter’s Mutant Brain w/ Digitakt, but I’ve been getting away from eurorack and focusing on samplers and sequencers. The DFAM is the only thing that keeps me tethered.

I do appreciate the 8 step sequencer as it sparks so many happy accidents. Being able to rework that sequence even further has tons of appeal, hence my interest in DFAM thing. But, the three aux outs on the mk3 are also appealing, just not essential for my needs.

I’ve started a new Halloween Ambient Series! Spooky and noisy drones and grooves featuring the DFAM, Subharmonicon, and some other tasty Eurorack treats!

1 Like

Yip, that seems to be the only possible way they might achieve it. Multiple very quick advances.

1 Like

Bound to cause analogue latency :wink:

DFAM along with a sprinkling of Digitakt, LXR02 & QS.
Beware, Bats staB Back…

6 Likes

I made a Max4Live script a couple of years ago that lets you advance the clock and thereby address each step with its own MIDI note. No polish, but it works.

2 Likes

DFAM with Keystep gives new possibilities

3 Likes

Double DFAM!

1 Like

Double DFAM with Subharmonicon!

1 Like

Yup, this is exactly what MAFD does so you can still use the DFAM knobs to setup each step but sequence them in any order (in my case from Octatrack).

DFAM x 2

Playing with those filters!

1 Like

Couple of DFAMs with either the Matriarch or the Grandmother.

Not quite sure.

not sure if this is the best place to post this or not, so delete if needs be.

Wondering the possibility of using my BSP with the DFAM? Would only be using Gate and Velocity, not so much pitch.

Don’t have a DFAM but was wondering before I pick one up…

I loved the way the DFAM sequencer worked it was all just a little limiting… so was thinking… is it possible to bypass the DFAM sequencer and use the BSP pro in the exact same way as the 8 steps work on the DFAM? I know in theory it’s quite obvious and given the patchbay inputs it’s a yea… just wanted to check. Not much info of people doing it online.

All i want is the movement of the velocity but over 16 or 32 steps.

Cheers!

1 Like

Most definitely. Per track on the Beatstep pro, there’s Gate, Velocity, and Pitch, but since they’re CV, you can route them creatively, like sending the pitch cv to one of the envelopes’ decay or FM amount or noise level or the like for accents. Lots of possibilities with a BSP and a DFAM together.

3 Likes

I was waiting for someone with better experience to answer, and Humanprogram saved the day!

1 Like

Can confirm. BSP goes well with DFAM. Pic was inbetween patches. TR8s was triggering the DFAM for some Acid basslines

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. Fantastic, thanks