Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

Coronation chicken? It’s just Chicken in a Curry sauce.

Probably more popular than its namesake.

No we are not down with this. Many UK Elektron users are a part of the rebel alliance.

1 Like

But, with raisins usually, no? I wonder if that pushed Guy Fawkes into a powder keg.

The British Empire is guilty of some pretty horrible crimes against humanity.

Coronation Chicken tastes like all of those crimes.

4 Likes

Hijacking this thread for two reasons… 1: I’m too high on a school day 2: It’s May the Force! Stream Tom Middleton Star Wars special 2005 Essential Mix by grimgringo | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

I like it in a sandwich👍

It gives me the heavy boak. And this new Coronation Quiche that’s been talked about seems equally vile.

1 Like

Not an unusual ingredient in Indian dishes I don’t think? Common in Biryani etc.

Talk about vile… for some reason I started watching Great British Menu and most these dudes seem like borderline psychopaths, like junior level Gordon Ramsey types.

Well, I have only encountered raisins in Indian food, in rice dishes yes, in the same way they are used in pilafs. But I personally never had a chicken tikka masala or such with a scattering of raisins in it and hope I never do.

Ok then lol

Doesn’t seem notable enough to come here and complain about it to me but you do you dude :rofl:

Oxymoron

1 Like

Yea well it’s about as Indian as coronation chicken.

So is this same type of thing as “Freedom Fries”, or “Liberty Cabbage”?

More like calling General Tso’s Chinese food I would gather. Never heard of liberty cabbage, what does it liberate, gas?

Usual American dumb ass shitness. After America entered WW1, President Wilson created the Committee on Public Information, began a mass campaign to convince Americans that they need to support the war efforts and that Germans were poo poo people. Cabbage/Sauerkraut started to get called “Liberty Cabbage”. Other than the huge xenophobia issue, over 2 million German-Americans had come to America over the past 30 years, with many more already living in the states. As you can imagine, Americans were totally not fooled by this campaign and were really nice to the German people living in the states. This hospitality was of course expanded upon during WW2 and encompassed the Japanese, who also weren’t totally forced to abandon their lives and homes to go live in the middle of a fucking desert, guarded by US soldiers, and surrounded by barbed wire.

1 Like

As someone of Indian origin who grew up in North America (at least one of my parents saw Gandhi speak [*], maybe both of them), let me say this: while the UK has much to answer for regarding colonialism, one small bright spot in this miserable landscape is the general acceptance of “curry” into the national cuisine.

[*] Father, growing up in Madras [now Chennai], not yet in his teens, went to see Gandhi on one of his whistlestop tours. He spoke from the caboose of a train. But he spoke entirely in Hindi, and the locals mostly spoke Tamil (my father’s second language, even). He and his friends couldn’t understand a word of what Gandhi said.

5 Likes

Haha amazing.

But no, tikka masala is a British dish, but made by Indian ex pats. We’ve got a well settled Indian population here, partly on account of the whole colonialism thing - so we’ve got a number of dishes that are Indian, but not.

1 Like

Ever have sauerkraut with raisins?! I can’t recommend it but it is nice with juniper berries.

1 Like

Sir, that’s why WW1 started. Careful with that talk.

1 Like