Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

In my case it was my buffer size. It was too high causing too much latency for the OB connection to work properly.

DN only, no idea if it’s planned for DT

1 Like

Nice! What cable are you using to connect to iPhone?

But only from the soundpool right? I could not make it work from the Sound browser or manager.

Not sure I follow. Soundlock recording in real-time recording mode from the pool works from both the browser and manager with the DN and shouldn’t work for the DT in real-time mode … I don’t know the DT but that’s my understanding

WoW WoW WoW…
Could not believe the added features and bug correction implemented in this latest update.
Step Rec :heart:
Separation of MIDI clock and Transport :heart:
Chance / Probability :heart:
Thank you so much for such a big update :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m using this:

1 Like

Yes with sounds from the pool (only) whether you are using the pool via the sound browser or the pool from within the sound manager. I just thought it might work directly with the sound browser or manager without the pool but it doesn’t.

Thank you - a bit expensive but I guess there is no alternative…

I got a used one for £20 after trying a cheaper non-Apple one that didn’t work.

Can’t you just use an Apple lightning to USB adapter?

Sure. I wanted the bigger one though as it can take a lightning cable to charge the iOS device while connecting to usb.

1 Like

ah okay, soundlocks are only possible from the pool indeed - they need to be primed in ram to be accessed instantly - so choosing the correct 128 sounds to have available across the whole project becomes a challenge - the pattern will reference the soundpool slot number in its pattern so it’s important to avoid loading a new sound into a slot you rely on in another pattern

1 Like

Yeah but the fact that it is possible is great. It is incredibly useful :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed would’ve been even greater if I could record my DT+DN combo on my iPhone when on the road, using the audio in over USB. But: Do y’all think that maybe it could work by using a simple cheap USB-hub (one with multiple USB inputs and one out) to sum the DT&DT together and connect them to the Apple USB3 Camera Adapter?

Ok, thanks

:grinning: What is really didn’t expect to is working! Connect ipad with camera adapter. Launch audiobus, load Fx and the fx behave like a second master FX. DT is sending audio out over usb, back and to the master / sample inputs and headphones out! No feedback loop Can’t have it full wet but for reverb, delay compression etc…you can even sample that. :smile:

I don’t understand why you need to sum?

I have my OT going in the DN and have been recording over USB no problem.

Haven’t tried with the DT however but the DN works great as the last in line device!

2 Likes

@selfup (sorry sometimes my phone doesn’t correctly “respond” to previous posts)

O sorry I understood that the audio in of the DN wouldn’t be audible in the usb-stereo out? I don’t have that iPhone usb camera adapter yet, so haven’t tested. Or do you mean over laptop? I was specifically thinking for use when traveling, without a laptop. Or am I missing an already existing solution?

I have a USB-B to USB-C cable and can record on Android. I would assume either an adapter/camera kit/OTG cable/etc would work the same on an iOS device.

I would test the lightning port but I just upgraded to an iPad Pro (USB-C) so hopefully others can chime in.

2 Likes