Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Awesome, didn’t cross my mind to try that. Cheers

1 Like

Sorry if I’ve strayed this off topic. Just to loop it back to this forum topic: then what exactly is the new benefit of the class compliant USB in this new firmware?

Thanks for the update @Elektron. :heart:

Now the only small feature I miss is a 1 step undo hitting NO just after tweaking a parameter. (like on the models) I find it really handy when performing. :content:

1 Like

No need for an interface anymore! Just straight into the recording/sampling device.

Ah I was thinking the wrong way around I guess!

So reading this thread it’s not clear what happens to the audio inputs on the the DN or DT. I understand it’s like the models 2 in 2 out for the audio engine of the DT or DN and this would show as a stereo input in AUM. If I connect another device to the inputs of the DN or DT would this show up as separate inputs in AUM or is the audio passed through with the internal engine or does it not pass through at all ? Sold my DT a couple of months ago so can’t check.

It will just the I/O from the last connected device. I am not aware of any aggregation possibilities in AUM, you can only select one sound card.

1 Like

What I’m asking is do the DT or DN audio inputs show up in AUM like a normal audio interface would or does audio going into the external inputs pass through to AUM with the internal engine or can you not use the external inputs to record in AUM.

I don’t think you can - IIRC it’s the camera connection kit that allows the phone to act as the USB host, neither the phone or the :3lektron: device will without that. I tried to use my M:C with a simple USB to lightning adaptor and it didn’t work.

1 Like

I am using iPad Pro 2020 w USB-C, I dont know how this works w the connection kit but the Audio Inputs of the DN show up in AUM along w the output and recording works without issues so yes its works as a normal audio interface.

2 Likes

You get two ins and two outs no matter what. All outputs from the DT and DN are mixed down to a stereo out.

On the DT, any external input into the DT is NOT passed through to these outputs. I’ve tested this.

Apparently the DN DOES pass though its inputs, but I haven’t tested that.

You can also route audio into AUM, add FX, and then send it back out to the DT for resampling.

1 Like

So do you get two stereo inputs in AUM one set for the DN and one set for the audio inputs of the DN ?

Cheers Charlie that’s what I wanted to know, just need someone to confirm this works

1 Like

Did you try recording with any other app on your iPad?

No worries. I just tested on the Digitone too. Same thing – only USB inputs in AUM.

The DN does pass its own external inputs through to the USB connection though, as expected. Also, my guitar sounds amazing through the DN! The overdrive and chorus are really nice… and I usually hate chorus.

3 Likes

So basically I could connect the DN to AUM, connect say a drum machine to inputs of the DN, and the DN will output a mix of both internal sounds and the drum machine to the usb output and then stereo input on AUM , that’s better than not at all :+1:

3 Likes

Why not just run a stereo cable into the DN input from the DT. Then run the usb from the DN into your phone.

5 Likes

After updating the OS to 1.20, I can no longer send program changes to external devices. Can I solve this by changing any settings?

Yeah so I thought that didn’t work! Already ordered an adapter to lighting cable to try out when it arrives!

1 Like

Not specifically sure but I read that they separated tempo sync from transp. settings. Maybe try if that’s to do with it?