Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Yea DN inputs are sent to the master outs along with internal synths and effects sends. Think of the DN as a mini mixer with two inputs. The DT on the other hand the inputs go directly into the sample recorder. It’s not intended to be a mixer.

2 Likes

Got it! I read the DN inputs couldn’t be recorded, only the main mix, but misread that for withóut the inputs. Def gonna go and play around with!

But if you turn up the inputs (&pan) on the Master page of your pattern you get those inputs at the main mix !

A CCA only mode whereby the DN acted more directly like a sound card (enabling those inputs without setting it up on a pattern) would be nice imho - it would also turn off all the blinking lights and screen (except for a cursory notice about the mode) - handy when you don’t want to use the DN but need quick access to system audio and inputs

4 Likes

I thought DN finally add Volca step jump mode for a sequencer as there were some requests for OS update. It is probably patented by Korg. It is still handy for playing chords at regular duration and interval nevertheless.

It has been confirmed that all outputs are checked, but not set the bank number, it will not be sent, and even with the same setting, there are times when it can not be sent, and I feel the behavior is unstable…

Hey @garf I bought the Camera kit!
Thanks! As you said, nothing to configure.
1 bar pattern, Prob control all, pattern reload.

It’s possible to listen the recorded video with DN headphones. I couldn’t record my voice while plugged though.

8 Likes

nice!
and wow, your postman is fast

3 Likes

Christ, Thank You very much Elektron, that’s one hell of a productive lockdown

This is immence

3 Likes

Thank you for this good OS-Updates!!!

This keeps the things alive.

1 Like

Right the sounds need to be in the project not the +drive

Dear Elektron,

It is great to see that DT development and support is ongoing. With this in mind, do you have a time-scale of when there will be an official (i.e. non Elk-herd) way to selectively fully back up and archive individual Digitakt projects including the samples used by that project? Many of us have DT drives that are full to the brim and while Elk-herd provides something of a solution, I think many of us would welcome an official Elektron app to take care of this important aspect of long term DT ownership - maybe in an updated Transfer app?

Regards etc;

3 Likes

Transfer will get next update for sure… why I know? Because @mzero wasn‘t beta tester of the new FW. …speculations of course

1 Like

I love that the delay on the digitone now shows dotted notes when you press function and twist :slight_smile: favourite feature!

4 Likes

I just upgraded and I have not done a stress test yet, but the stuck note issue was really obvious before. It showed up directly, but now the issue seems to be gone. If this is the case this open up so much potential. Then I can finally use overbridge. The reuse function is so amazing to have now. I hope that this will remedy the click issue. My vacation just got the best start it seems. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

fixed and improved so many things I would have never guessed 2 new sequencer modes as well!

Elektron is one the best company in the industry.
I am such a fan)))

6 Likes

Ah dang, that is a bummer as I run my DT into my DN and was hoping to record the lot

it depends on what the current pattern is set up like - Inputs do appear at Mains if you set them up to on the DN - hth

First, thanks so much for the update, it’s great and superbe and amazing!!!

I find great to be able to lock a probability to some steps and use the track-wise probability on the fly to affect all other notes.

That said, I like to use 1:2 and 3:4 etc… Plocks to make interesting patterns with 16 steps only. Most of my kick tracks are done like this.

I’d still love to use track-wise probability and have these trigs affected. I understand the need of making choices and the current implementation certainly serves other use cases.

With the current implementation my kick tracks are not able to be affected by probabilities.

3 Likes

What an awesome update!
Class compliant USB :star_struck: I just ordered a U-24 to get a portable solution for audio+midi between the DT & iPad. Got a pickup notice yesterday and then this dropped. I may return that Zoom now :smiley:
And step sequencing is a wish I’ve had right from the start. Fantastic. I haven’t had the chance to check it out yet, only seen Mech’s video on the subject. He used rest, is there a tie too?

1 Like