Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Im an idiot, there was a new transfer version uff! I was at an older one.

I wonder what happened to the 3 os upgrade attempt files i tried before realizing haha!

They are now ghosts in the machine…

1 Like

Trig preview really is great! What a workflow boost, and see steps in keyboard mode

mmmHmm! :muscle:

3 Likes

Is there a way to turn off auto step in step recording mode? I have a secret sequence technique that I can’t reveal that I did on the novation circuit but to do that i need to be able to turn off auto step… anyone?

really not “secret” but mad ass hard to explain…

1 Like

After spending some time playing around with 1.20, well the pot resolution is a welcome fix. Truly :slight_smile:
Thanks Elektron :slight_smile:

anyone please? is it possible to turn off auto step so you can stay on a step? novation circuit had that feature but I don’t think they themself knew how dope that is if you use it right… it opens up worlds. lets say you have 4 steps but step 2 empty but then want to stay on step 2 and and notes different notes live just on step 2 without jumping to the next step! its like the funniest thing you can do. and that was the best part of the novation circuit. but i never seen anyone else use that.

1 Like

Got to say this update is really cool, I wasn’t actually that excited at first for whatever reason but playing around, step sequencer input alone adds such a new dimension! Also hadn’t fully appreciate just how handy class compliant USB audio for the Digitakt is, can go for hours with just that and an iPad now :slight_smile: Love the new graphical touches on the Digitone with the operator highlights too.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It’s built into the new Step Recording mode to speed up workflow, which it does in the majority of cases. Unfortunately, you’re going to have to select the previous step each time to go back in your case

2 Likes

Yeah, truly love the new step update, maybe stay on a step feature comes next, it’s worth buying a circuit just for that feature, staying on a step in poly rhythmic mode is close to a religious experience, let’s say you step recorded step 1 and 3 and then LIVE stay on step 2 trucking around with different notes it’s just pure pleasure.

3 Likes

playing with Digitakt + iPad… this opens up so many possibilities <3

2 Likes

Jings!!! I fear that I need to add my voice to the legions already celebrating this update… it’s a pretty amazing update. And one that follows the fine tradition that Elektron have. As others have said upthread, the Elektron folks are way ahead of the pack in this respect… I guess Novation have a reasonable record too but most everyone else should be feeling awkward about their respective strategies… anyway…

So, perhaps this was possible already but this got me thinking. Would this allow a situation where you could sequence a DT/DN from a different device (say another DT/DN or a Squid, Pyramid etc) and trigger the notes externally. But the DT/DN has it’s sequencer running independently with a bunch of trigless trigs (sorry, I forget the current terminology) to be providing stepped modulation of parameters that are separate to the exernal sequencing of notes. So, with different tempos/pattern lengths) you end up with modulation that is polymetric (if that makes sense) to the notes?

without checking, can’t you do that right now when sending midi from (for instance) digitakt to digitone with a track length that’s different than the receiving track?
might actually be a fun thing, thinking about it!

1 Like

You possibly can… it just occurred to me when I read that. I’ll definitely be investigating at the weekend once I have some spare time on my hands…

Concerning Step Recording, wouldn’t it be more logical to select first note with Function and plays notes without it? :sketchy:

2 Likes

Just tested CTR-AL chance parameter, it’s dope! Can be used as a mute all so you don’t have to switch to mute mode on your tracks. Unless you have other conditional trigs, those will ignore it of course

Edit - Trig Preview is nice too. Very handy for speedy workflow

2 Likes

no, incoming midi will take priority over steps in an internal track with e.g. locks - so teh locks are not played

however, there’s a nice way (courtesy @RhythmDroid) to do this internally at the expense of a Track

5 Likes

So, at the moment I don’t own either the Digitakt or the Digitone…but, after this update, I’m thinking of getting one or the other. The main thing I’d like to do with it is use it to sequence AUM on the iPad, with many different AUv3 instruments being sequenced by the DT or DN…then the audio of all that go from the iPad, through the DN/DT, then out to my monitors or mixer.

So, stop me if I’m wrong, but I’d like to plug in my guitar into the DN/DT, have it route the signal through to my iPad like I could with a regular audio interface, and then use something like Bias FX for guitar fx and amp modeling, then have the sound go back through the DT/DN out to the mixer. Right now, doing this through a regular audio interface like a Focusrite there’s almost no latency from playing the guitar to hearing it.

So, how would that be through a DT/DN? The DT/DN would also have extra functionality of course of doing sequencing for backup tracks to play to etc etc plus all the things that come with it. I’m thinking more of going with a Digitone instead of a Digitakt at first, since I have so many samplers on my iPad as it is.

I don’t know…does it sound crazy?

1 Like

From what I can gather the guitar would me mixed with any sounds coming out of the DN so if you applied bias effects for the guitar you would also get the effects on the DN sounds. The audio inputs are not separate in AUM you just get stereo out for the whole mix from the DN not separate outs for the DN and separate outs for the audio in if that makes sense.

2 Likes

And this only works on DN apparently not DT

2 Likes

Not if you want it locked to a specific step…

Is there anyone who does not get disconnects when using DN or DT on IOS? I am interested to know what your setup is(iPad model, IOS version, Camerakit yes/no, USB-C yes/no, brand/model USB hub).