Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

I’d be amazed if it was designed like that, would be very cost ineffective given that everything else is digital!

Indeed, hoping for a designersflaw in our interest. Elektron machines aren’t popular due to their low prices so i keep dreaming and continue practicing the law of attraction.

1 Like

And while one day viciously throwing down on his box Jack boldly declared " Let there be holes !"

exactly zero chance of that !

4 Likes

What about madi out for the Digis?

Just want to hop in and quell any possible rumors and mitigate the risk that someone unnecessarily opens his/her digi-machine to check. The only audio stream that is accessible as analog signals is the ones that reaches the outputs.

14 Likes

Thanks for confirmation.

1 Like

this update has crippled overbridge i cant open any old projects… crashes on start up…
absolute pain in ass… Ive tested and tried everything… eliminated everything…
completely reinstalled overbridge.
i cant even open the project i worked on all day yesterday…
please fix asap windows 10 overbridge 2.39 barley works…

i honestly couldnt care about the new features if overbridge doesnt work and all old projects are lost

this from the notes is what i believe is the problem…

• Fixed incorrect plugin code for Digitone, which could cause Digitakt plugin to be opened instead.
3 Likes

Same here DanJamesAUS
I had to revert to previous version
Elektron answered to my ticket saying they work on a potential fix, but that a lot of changed happened in the code
I would recommend switching all your gear back if you have work you absolutly need.
A thing i considered doing is

• Opening all old version overbridge projects
  • save all on the device
  • update
  • recreate the broken links

This should work but for the life of me i did not have the strength. Last update has very nice additions, but for me its not a show stopper to miss on these whilst waiting for a fix.
Hopefully it will come soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sick update! Digitakt connected with my iPad with only one cable! I can send MIDI to my iPad and receive Audio from my iPad to the Digitakt. And it gets even better because i can play my iPad Synth via any connected MIDI Controller or in this case via my Microbrute. So good!

Thank you!!!

8 Likes

Hi Polymono, what usb to lightning cable are you using if I may ask?

Would you use it for videos? I have the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, having an additional lightning plug for power, which seems useful for video shooting with an Iphone.

1 Like

This:

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah knew about that one but that’s more than I need since I do not have an iPhone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi i’m having trouble with the new June 2020 upgrade for digitakt.
In the workflow it says, to connect your digitakt via Midi (not USB) to computer. Does this mean I need a cable that is midi to usb? Transfer is only recognising the digitakt when attached through USB to USB, I have tried the midi routing from my audio interface direct to midi in digitakt and Transfer wont recognise.

Please can you help, want the upgrade! Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

The release notes with the upgrade file provide two methods for updating. The first, “Upgrading from within the OS”, allows a USB connection to be used.

1 Like

Hi thanks for your reply, i’ve just managed to do it phew! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

same here, it’s a disaster.

Support are trying to help fix the problems I’m having caused by this update and are being helpful at least and hopefully can find the problem. I’ve gone back to not relying on overbridge and saving on the devices for now… added a lot of great features with the update so good with the bad type situation really… as @datadump mentioned can still use previous versions if needed until sorted…

2 Likes

Can someone plz give me a heads up as to where the 1.3 digitakt update can be found?

I canne find it anywhere?