Digitakt Bubble: Already set to Burst? 04/15/23

Yes, some are capable of carrying on in between production runs, but supply chain struggles are independent of any specific vendor.

This isn’t some fuel/food cabal profiteering, this is overhead of doing business under continuing pandemic operation.

1 Like

Let me introduce you to the Analog Drive.

1 Like

So as not to be mistaken for an April fools joke here is the 1 month update, 1 day early -

DT SALES ON REVERB have risen from 41 in Feb to 53 in March.

Once again I’ve taken the top and bottom numbers out of the tabulation and - computer noises - beep beep boop boop boop boop beep! we have our numbers:

In Feb, as reported, the average sold price of a DT on reverb was $597.42, in march the average sold price on reverb was $662.74 so we have seen a real world 11% overall price increase with a 30% growth in DT sales since the prior month.

What are your thoughts shoppers and investors, did you pick up a DT this month and contribute to the sales on reverb? will it grow further or is this the peak of the hype machines turning wheel?

Currently there is no used digitakt on guitar center for under 749 and on MGR there is not a one.

I am currently too lazy and or pre-occupied to dig up further data to support this meteoric rise in economic growth but what were your opinions and experiences for the month of February? did the average plea for help on DT related problems from users both new and old rise on this olde exchange board? did you hurt anyone’s feelings with the RTFM advice we all know and love?

IS THERE ANY GOD FEARING MAN LEFT WHO DOES NOT KNOW GRANULAR SYNTHESIS IS A HOT TOPIC? And now to our weather person fin25 for an update on the shitstorm.

9 Likes

It’s gon’rain.

4 Likes
6 Likes

and to think i sold mine for $400 last year

3 Likes
1 Like

Get ahead of the upward Digitakt trajectory by trading your Rytm Mk2 for mine! Steal of the century

:rofl:

…lurking around here again instead of making music…damn.

1 Like

Digitakt to the moon!

2 Likes

10 Likes

Needs an Elon tweet.

4 Likes

Bought one last year and I think I have used it about 3 times. I’ll hold onto it though and sell it along with my Juno 60 to fund my retirement.

Why is everyone so hyped about the new update. As long as you can‘t adjust slices it seems pretty useless to me. But what do I know.
And given the massive price hike I don‘t think its such a good deal.
But enlighten me…

1 Like

It makes sample chains way more useful and immediate, and rounds out/completes the feature set of the box.

Since the 1.5 update, this is the most I’ve ever used it in the several years of ownership.

And while slice adjustment would be nice, I’ve often lost hours slicing things up on the Octatrack when I could have been doing other more productive things!

1 Like

That’s mostly where I’m at with it. You can set up sample chains. You can also resample your loops or drum breaks or whatever so that the slices will line up. But that’s a lot of extra steps that I pretty much never feel like taking. So I stopped using the new machines.

I think the bottom line is that all of the machines are meant to be used with perfect loops. There’s now fixed length recording for easily capturing perfect loops. But that’s not normally want I want to sample.

This isn’t the slice mode I would have wanted. It’s also not the time stretch I would have wanted. But it’s kind of fitting. The Digitakt was never designed to make the kind of music that I want to make with it. And this update doesn’t change that.

So I’m sticking with the work arounds. Parameter locking start points. LFO time stretching. All that. It still works.

For some folks I know it’s a god send though. I feel like a party pooper since I’ve mostly soured on it.

4 Likes

But you are only pooping on your own party. Only you and others that see it similarly are sour.

You aren’t ruining anything for those of us that like the new machines. I don’t need it to do lazy chops or anything like that because I have other gear that already does that.

This Elektron way of doing it doesn’t need ‘work arounds’ for me to like it. I use ‘work withs’ to explore ways of creating I normally wouldn’t with my Akai or Roland samplers.

4 Likes