Digitakt Bubble: Already set to Burst? 04/15/23

I doubt it. More likely it’s because a new Digitone is 100 extra. So the second hand market has extra room to charge a little more now.

5 Likes

5 year firmware plans? intentional bugs? Friend this is absolute nonsense, sorry.

1 Like

I honestly assumed it was a joke. Is it not?

2 Likes

Paneson?!

parmesan? delicious!

doesn’t the joke become a better joke when people begin to question if it was a joke in the first place?

4 Likes

I cannot stand self modulating jokes!

2 Likes

Describing the career of Die Antwoord :ok_hand:

7 Likes

enter the ninja!

1 Like
Well, was it a joke…?

Of course it was, this thread already contains some speculation and thought some over obvious nonsense would cheer things up. Never expected that it could be interpreted as a serious statement. Did not mean any harm!

4 Likes

Reverb never been an easy choice for ‘normal’ second hand machines, I always laughing at certain ‘used’ elektron prices asked over there…crazy… but I consider myself lucky to have obtained a digitakt ( again ) just today with a B-Stock for E 599 while I can see just in a second hand DT for 450, so Price is stable in a way.

the joke goes back to the very first post in the thread, thank you for your understanding of the intent and the spoiler alert, that made the joke even better!

you don’t have to change your post no one here will be upset about humor, I thought it was great so thank you

6 Likes

Apologies, I’m used to forums being full of assholes and this one is not, absolutely my bad! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

considering that there are very foolish people buying ugly jpegs of apes for hundreds of thousands of dollars, or people overpaying for 90s Hondas, or any number of over-leveraged prosperity preachers out there on TikTok; i find it incredibly realistic that somebody would see a 10 day increase in Digitakt sales and think “man, i can get rich swapping these!”. Poe’s Law says you have to tag this as humor or satire because the world is full of people who really think this is good financial advice.

3 Likes

caveat emptor.

update from craigslist: OTmkII for digitakt, or “OT24D” as he will officially be known, has now declared the value of DT to be $1000 USD - you heard it here first people $1000 dollar digitakts! Tha’ts like, 10 hundreds!

1 Like

Rising Digitakt prices since the 1.50 update have caused shockwaves through the US banking industry. See above, with OT24D seeking to liquidate assets for $1000 in the SF Bay Area.

Is it time for the Fed to intervene?

11 Likes

Lol I love my Digitakt but I will trade it for an OT MkII in a heartbeat

3 Likes

Damn son, it also comes with a lid!

2 Likes

A new Syntakt is now 1399 CAN$. It went from 1269 to 1399, why? I think the initial price was 1199 CAN$.

1 Like

I’m just speculating but I think there’s a diagram being passed around at elektron hq that is drawn out a bit like this:

I’m not really sure what to make of it otherwise, prices are up across the board, aren’t they? I also feel like they’re heading in the direction of making a software release rather than a mk3 of anything.

4 Likes