Digitakt screen defect

Before you wipe off the prints get a nice high contrast photo and send it into Elektron - sure they’ll have fun working out who didn’t put on their work gloves as they rushed that job on a Friday afternoon.

1 Like

The shipping for returning the unit? or the fingerprints? :slight_smile:

Yeah the quality control at elektron seems to be lacking a lot, saw a couple of similar entries here. Thanks, yes I know it’s simple just the screws at top and then under the PCB. If I decide to do it will use some tissue with the screwdriver so it wont scrape off anything. The inside is easier. Knobs also can be taken off easily.

Thanks. Yeah I am aware of human error and it is normal but the quality control seems to be lacking at elektron since there are quite a few entries here with similar problems.

Also thanks for the warnings, but I did repair or clean stuff before like this and thankfully there is a digitakt disassembly video on youtube which is very helpful in this case.

Didn’t know that. Well I am waiting an answer from thomann and also from elektron actually they haven’t bothered answering my support ticket yet.

:smile: I should do that.

it’s Monday. I doubt they get to support tickets over the weekend (assuming you contacted them before posting here). and there are likely other tickets than just yours.

people yell loudly when things go wrong; that doesn’t mean that QC sucks. compare the number of threads for Digitakt issues with people saying it’s their favorite device ever.

regardless… if you think they make crap with poor QC, just return it.

2 Likes

I think I wrote the ticket the day I got the unit so that was Saturday. Of course they must be busy no doubt.

I agree, I love the device and always wanted one. But imagine this is my first device from elektron and it turns out to have a defect.

2 Likes

yeah only one chance to make a first impression and all that. which you can’t win 100% of the time. but you can make an effort to improve it if you get it wrong. which I’m sure Elektron will strive to do.

1 Like

Yea it sucks as a first experience, can’t knock you for feeling that way - they are good folks though they’ll make it right where they can - and at least it’s very easy to resolve without needing to return it :ok_hand:

1 Like

:pray:

This shows pretty well what has to be done…

1 Like

Yes. That’s the video I mentioned above.

1 Like

Ooops sorry… missed it :smiley:

1 Like

Np :+1:

My favorite Hawaii 5-o episode or the only one I remember involves a murder where the culprit leaves these eroded fingerprints at the crime scene as he worked in a pineapple processing plant and the acid from the pineapple degraded them so they were able to focus on the pineapple processing plant to find their suspect. I learned a lesson from that episode and never touch my synths after handling pineapples as I am afraid it might slowly eat away at my knobs.

2 Likes

To be honest I’m concerned that after looking more closely we might be seeing smudges left by residue on gloves, rather than bare fingers.

One step ahead… we’re dealing with a professional 'takt saboteur here.

:joy: I hope he wasn’t eating pineapples then

2 Likes

:rofl: of course the sipping costs

1 Like

Yeah I also had a similar thought what if they are not just fingerprints and something that can’t be removed by wiping them off.