Digitone and Digitone Keys 1.32

Woohoo :slight_smile: so excited for this. Especially dual mono.

Thank you so much Elektron! It all makes sense now.

all for the rytm

1 Like

can someone share a sc of this?

Some good and useful features. Glad to see the global external mixer setting, single channel external stereo mixer and global effects setting.

I noticed that Pattern Volume does not change the audio volume at patttern reload even though the (virtual) fader jumps back to the saved value. Thought it was intentional in connection with global Overdrive so that you don’t get volume jumps but it also happens without global overdrive being checked so it’s a bug.

Sub page is remembered in Settings menu but still not in Setup menu which is something a number of us have requested. (Not talking about Parameter Sub pages here).

5 Likes

It’s interesting to watch when these software updates come out… of COURSE the community is absolutely thrilled because everybody on the forums already has the product… but from a business perspective this costs Elektron the developer(s) salaries and earns them $0… unless you think someone is going to buy the product now because of this update…

3 Likes

It’s like the DT LFO update.

1 Like

It reinforces the sense that by buying Elektron instruments, you are buying future updates as well.

They’re providing a service already paid for.

This drives sales of future products as well.

40 Likes

I was gonna say “Elektron4Life Mutha Funkers” but you put it more eloquently :laughing:

12 Likes

And brand image. This is one of my favorite things about Elektron. Updates over years in contrast to the programmed obsolescence in other tech related industries

14 Likes

Great update, thanks Elektron.

One thing though, global fx control. I like to use long delay feedback for pattern transitions and thought setting it globally would help with this but when I change patterns it doesn’t work smoothly - sounds like the new pattern loads a different tempo delay at first. Is this a bug or expected behaviour?

Works fine here. No change in sound at Ptn change.
Really really cool to have global delay now for transitions :grinning: :ok_hand:
Comes in good timing for my ambient live set on this Saturday.

4 Likes

This sounds awesome, I’d love to get a show and tell down the road!

1 Like

No updates to the FM engine? Pitch envelope?
P-Lockable FX parameters?

Maybe next time.

10 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks for the update Elektron.

1 Like

Sounds better than the previous OS.

This is good for the NGNY challenge.

3 Likes

you forgot p-lockable arp :frowning:

2 Likes

Hmmm, strange. I’m definately getting odd delay sounds going from one pattern to another which I don’t get normally. I’ll experiment more…

1 Like

This wasn’t implemented in the last DT OS so I wasn’t expecting this at all.