Digitone Vs Nord Rack 2(X)

So I’m one synth away from having my Nogear22 setup complete. It was going to be a little bassline mono, but I’m happy with what I’ve already got in that department, so I’m thinking I’ll probably get a Digitone again.

But then I found myself browsing videos of the Nord rack 2 and 2x and my god that thing sounds good.

Now I’m stuck a bit and need someone to tell me the Nord is shit so I can get a fucking Digitone.

2 Likes

Nord is shit. Get a digitone.

Honestly, this is just euro rack never ending wishlist bollocks all over again.

Youve got synth. Make noises.

Get a fucking digitone.

4 Likes

Yeah, just trying to get my setup back to what it was before the Euroshitshow happened and another Digitone seems the sensible choice.

3 Likes

Kin oath it does.
You already know the digitone, and its total banger of a box. You know that too.

Its not just a sensible choice, its a good choice.

4 Likes

Cheers, just what I needed to hear.

2 Likes

very true :+1:

7 Likes

Uh oh, tough choice. These are my two main synths and I don’t think I would part with either. Nord 2x rack for bread and butter sounds, although it can get a bit freaky-ish too. I can’t part with the lovely knob-per-function type interface. The Digitone is great for more digital sounds, diving deeper, and of course making little jams with the sequencer. Actually, I think this is a great pair. I say get both.

1 Like

I had Nord Rack still have Digitone

Make sure you get 2 and not 2x

The 2 sounds dirtier and can be put in Pelle mode for getting crazy chaos and industrial sounds.

2 Likes

Digitone is smaller. The PSU is tiny. Backpack win.

Digitone overdrive and FX are boss. Killer sequencer.

Get a fucking digitone.

7 Likes

I guess you have to specify what you’re after. They feel and sound very different.
The main strengths about the nords is the super immediate interface, performance layers, morph and a pretty cool drum mode.
But the sound is quite unique. Sounds nothing like a digitone. Many hate it, many love it. You have to be into the Nord sound…

4 Likes

That Nord Rack 2X does sound incredibly good tho. :rofl:

4 Likes

2x is dope, no complaints

2 Likes

Multi timbral, digital and can get freaky.

I’m mostly wanting it for leads and pads for techno and doomy ambient drones and shit.

1 Like

lol

4 Likes

I hoped someone would find it funny.

3 Likes

I’d say both do this well

1 Like

I love my lead 2… the way it responds to velocity. Certain patches almost feels like I’m playing an acoustic instrument… it’s a weird one though, you will probably find lots of grievances with it.

:heart:=Nord
:brain:=Digitone

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s the trouble, isn’t it.

I don’t mind machines that have a few idiosyncrasies, that’s kinda what’s drawing me to the Nord.

1 Like

Nords are great bits of kits, but in my experience (I have a DN and Nord(s)) I find myself reaching to the DN and DT way more than anything else.
There’s a lot to be said about simplicity and ease of use. Besides you can always get a Nord in 2022…

1 Like

Get the Nord. You already sold your digitone so what exactly would be different this time?

3 Likes