Digitone Vs Nord Rack 2(X)

The are nice, and I actually really like the way they are spread out across 4 keys each on the 2x. It’s really fun to play the keyboard like a hand drum and you get a lot of variation depending on how many of the keys you hit and the velocity of your strike.

A: nord rack 2 vs digitone

B: nord rack 2 vs peak

C: nord rack 2 vs hydrasynth

I often wonder if there’s a point in keeping my Nord Lead when I have the Digitone… but the Nord has some very unique sounds (that possibly come from aliasing) that I haven’t heard on the digitone yet.

1 Like

I reckon a Nord lead 3 would be a closer match to the Digitone. FM versus FM with subtractive ideology. As I have a NL2 & 3, + a few Yamaha FM synths, the digitone hasn’t come onto my radar. Reckon its a case of sequencer versus interface. Easy answer if you are sequencing from another device. If between NL 2 & DT, then its tricky to answer. Depends what else you have in the studio and what sounds you’re after. As for percussion, the NL2 drum groups are quite elegant, though stronger in some areas and weaker in some areas versus the Nord Drums. Peak & Hydrasynth have much stronger synthesis power, which is great if your recording layers to audio, but if you need multitimbrality, then its Nord Rack all the way.

1 Like

I’ve bought and sold all kinds of classic kit, but the Nordlead 2 kbd has been the centrepiece of my studio for 20 years. Just sayin’…

4 Likes

If you really want a nord get the nord lead/rack 3

Otherwise Digitone all the way

Can the multimap mode on the Digitone emulate the Drum mode on the Nord Lead 2x?

1 Like