DnB Inspired Experimental Music Thread

Can anyone recommend any fresh dnb inspired music similar to the likes of DJRUM, Skee Mask and Shed? Enjoyed listening to these recently and looking for more? :panda:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Love this one -

1 Like

are these considered experimental? i like/own some skeemask but i don’t know if i’d lump it in to experimental. it’s pretty straightforward stuff… it’s just good.

In the whole context of drum and bass music I would say definitely. Feel free to post something, would love to hear it!

4 Likes
3 Likes

Check out Exit Records, DBridge, Kid Drama, Autonomic podcast etc

https://www.club-autonomic.com/

2 Likes

Sweet! Good listening in there

1 Like
2 Likes

other than squarepusher, venetian snares, the new John Frusciante and few other odds and ends i don’t know what would be fresh/recent/experimental. There’s a few more recent Amen Andrews things out this year but i haven’t heard them.

and then there’s subjex which is all over the map but hovers around DnB type stuff often. though is often glitch acid as well…

older stuff like Plug “drum n bass for papa (disc 2)”, Tim Exile’s “Pro Agonist”

2 Likes

Really digging this whole album. Exquisite drum work

1 Like

Got both these albums on vinyl. Fantastic stuff. The Sneaker Social Club back catalog is worth checking out OP

1 Like

Loving that. Exquisite indeed

1 Like

Just started going through the catalogue. Definitely hits the spot!

Interesting their spin is it’s more influenced by hardcore which I suppose includes DnB anyway. But sounds quite fresh for current times. Maybe because of cycles we go through in electronic music.

I like this opening sentence from the album write-up -

Is this the sound of the future or fragments of the past coming back to haunt us?

1 Like

Not experimental but some lush autonomicy cuts on the new Need For Mirrors LP

3 Likes

hey fam, looking for some pointers to solid regular dnb mixes or labels to follow. love the atmospheric intelligent ambient side of things, … I usually listen to a lot more dub techno and there are regular mixes I know of for that. but I’m less aware of places to hang for dnb. I’m not into the super loud mainstream style stuff, more the cruisey feel if that makes sense.

This mix was in my feed recently and I dug it, love if anyone has any sweet pointers

also dug this release recently

edit: well, found this label - omni - … doing the job for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I think of experimental D&B of some of the more abstract Photek and Metalheadz stuff, techno-influenced heavy stuff like Stakka&Skynet, Tech Itch and Gridlok, and more modern halftime stuff. For me tho the best of the genre are still the innovators from the 90’s.

4 Likes