Dodgy purchases

It occurred to me to mention

So we all like to buy gear. But some of us are hamstrung by a critical other.

So what is your most risky as in buy it and you are dead purchase and how did you get round it ?

Share your mr smooth technique :+1:

If you’re talking about partners, mine is very much ok with me buying gear as long as I have enough money for mortgage, food, savings etc. She spends about the same on furniture and the garden (granted that stuff is for both of us to enjoy :stuck_out_tongue: ). She even said to me the other day, “One day you’ll get into eurorack. You might as well, you keep talking about it” lol

5 Likes

Sounds like she’s planning an affair!

6 Likes

My wife doesn’t mind what I buy, nor do I mind what she buys, so long as we do not use credit and all the bills are paid no problem.

6 Likes

Am I the only bloke who’s a bit offended by the premise of this topic?

13 Likes

:ok_hand:

My other half encourages gear purchases far more than i even think about buying gear.

4 Likes

Why are you offended by a topic of a partner criticising your spending?

Err - what is offensive here?

Yeah I was reluctant to post in here tbh, seems like such a cliche “oh the ol’ ball and chain” etc like our partners are some kind of burden. I’m happy to be in a relationship of mutual respect; we both have expensive hobbies so can understand each other spending lots of money on them… also she encouraged me to reduce my hours at work so I can concentrate a bit more on my youtube channel :smiley:

5 Likes

You’re tone is a bit vulgar, twice u’ve made suggestive replies, u edited the last one but it involved swinging. Secondly this idea that wives are some ball and chain is a bit last century don’t u think?

8 Likes

Separate finances. Also, my gear purchases are tax deductible due to making music for a living. That’s how I justify it to me.

1 Like

Yeah to be fair those replies about affairs/swinging were a bit lame

4 Likes

You are assuming this only refers to female partners?

2 Likes

I was only having a laugh Sorry for the offense

No, but I don’t think I have to name every possible congenital relationship type to make my point

1 Like

Are you assuming this only refers to biological partners?
My 'takt has been practically begging for me to bring a 'tone into the relationship. Shocking, I know.

4 Likes

As a gay man with a male partner I am offended by your assumption.

No I am not gay but do you get my point?

1 Like

I don’t know what that means, but u sound like a bit of a perv, I’m out of here

I don’t know how to answer that😳

1 Like