Does anyone actually use C6?

So I got a MDUW mkII not long ago and I’m trying to get my head around getting samples from and to the MD.
Am I missing something here or is this the most backward and slow process EVER?
I reckon I can finish this post before the first bassdrums are uploaded… AND I’m the Turbo light on my TM-1 is glowing away.
I know it’s an old machine and all but if you compare how you transfer samples on the OP-1 it feels like im in the stoneage…

Are you guys using C6 and happy with it?
Any tips of up to date software?

Thanks,
Arvid

Just make sure you use two MIDI cables simultaneously.

Ya it can be pretty stressful at first

Don’t let it get you down, once its linked up correctly it works pretty fast

Hopefully someone will chime in about the order of setting it up because I can’t remember that far back )

Try and find your answer by googling the old elektronusers sight as well

Best of luck

yea dunno…
here (lastest version & OSX 10.9) it’s very unreliable, quite often sample transfers get randomly cancelled… or not really cancelled, c6 gets into some buggy state where the UI is kinda inconsistent and I have to restart it… I use my own app for sample transfer which is faster & more reliable.

:+1:
Mine worked great after doing this.

Thanks guys.
Managed to transfer all the samples but it took three times to get everything across. Two times it wouldn’t save all samples although it said it finished on my computer. Would have thought Elektron would make an uploader that makes some sense… Anyways, Once they’re on there it’s ace!
@Void You don’t happen to be sharing your MD program anywhere? Saw you are doing something interesting for the A4 too. Keep up the good work.

Thanks again!

A

TM-1 sucks big…ah*

I just use a normal midi interface to transfer…and yes i use c6 :slight_smile:

cheers… not yet, it needs some work to be more flexible & fun to use…

I use C6 but since I don’t have the TM-1 anymore I get loads of errors with my monomachine.

I use it, and it’s buggy and weird for me too. I wish I had something better to use… MAC OSX

Try this: http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

It’s old but it’s venerable.

I actually use C6, but it is fussy at times. SysEx Librarian might be an alternative C6 is doing your head in.

I have recently had some MnM SysEx transfer problems and it was a faulty MIDI interface (it was not the dedicated TM-1). Sometimes C6 just refuses to function properly for no reason on OSX 10.6.8 and you need to restart both your computer and the MnM… With the TM-1 I feel really “TURBO”! :slight_smile:

I use C6, all the time, with no issues.
Download the TM-1 manual on the Elektron site.
Follow it for hooking things up. Yes both midi cables.
Don’t forget to hit the configure button before using it every time. Yes you need to do this, especially if you have more than 1 elektron hooked up to your computer. After that’s done, hit the turbo button… and backup or transfer, whatever you want:)
Cheers:)

1 Like

it is a pretty slow process for samples, particularly if you’re not in turbo mode on the tm-1. clicking that button is a must as others have said. even then a whole samplebank’s worth can take 15 minutes. admittedly a pain if you’re heavily into sample-based composition but once you start digging into the depth and power of the md’s internal synthesis engines it may not bother you as much.

c6 is far faster when you’re using it to back up your sysex pattern data … reordering patterns so you’re organized for a liveset is easy this way.

also, backing up an entire snapshot takes only a few seconds. i recommend getting in the habit of doing this every couple of weeks as you learn the md – elektron gear rarely crashes but it does happen, and regular backups will save you a lot of heartbreak.

1 Like

Ive had no major issues using the TM-1 with C6 on Snow Leopard. Im tempted to update my computer to Mavericks but C6 stability is a concern, anyone have any experience? I never thought of using Sysex Librarian, which could work but I’d probably lose turbo mode. Funny that im afraid of updating my computer out of concern for backing up old hardware.

1 Like

Try this: http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

It’s old but it’s venerable.

I actually use C6, but it is fussy at times. SysEx Librarian might be an alternative C6 is doing your head in.[/quote]
Thank you so much SCRAG . I’ll give your app a try next time a do a backup (soon).

I’ve found c6 to be a bit buggy since Mountain Lion. If I set the delay to something like 10, it takes a little but all of my files transfer. Anything less than that and it will only transfer a few samples.

I’m still curious people’s techniques to back up entire snapshots + samplebanks

Yes.

When I use the machinedrum, I backup different sets onto different snapshots. This is a really quick way to make sure your stuff is saved. Most of the time a specific sample bank is linked to my snap shot. When I want to back up a snap shot onto the computer, I open said snapshot and backup the entire thing using C6 - which doesn’t take much time at all (in turbo mode using TM-1).
Backing up sample banks takes a little longer, and I usually create an actual separate folder on my computer for the sample banks - to keep all the samples together in one place.
I generally name the backs with the date.
I try to keep my samples with numbers 1-48 so they stay in order when uploaded/downloaded
Cheers,
Mike