Drambo (iOS)

How exactly do I get the flexisampler to stop sampling? Not sure if you’re an octatrack user but if you are you’ll know what I mean about the sampler working a bit unpredictably. I just want to sample loops and auto slice them but once it starts sampling it just keeps going forever. Even when I stop recording the waveform keeps getting smaller and smaller as if it’s still going. From what I’ve read on forums there doesn’t seem to be a way to set record length but even if I disregard that I still can’t get it to stop lol

Set it to pattern and click the record while recording and it ends at the end of the pattern

I made 2 Drambo patches that y’all can use if you want. Enjoy!

1. MegaModulator - I wanted to create a bank of modulators that all merged into one output to make crazy automation LFOs or Envelopes. They are all set to retrigger on each note, but that can be turned off by editing the patch routing.

2. MonoTrack - Trying to make a singular Octatrack-inspired sampler for Drambo. I may have gone a little overkill. I wanted to create something that would give me as much flexibility and options as I could while still being somewhat straightforward. I’m not sure if I succeeded.

Features:
– 8 freely assignable modulators: 4 LFOs and 4 Graphic Envelopes
– Sampler with retrigger, pitch shifter (make sure this is on full DRY if you aren’t using it), and shaper
– 3 dual-filter modes with envelope: series, left/right, parallel
– 1 resonator with various input options
– Amp envelope, final shaper, compressor with wet/dry control, pan, and master volume
– Many places where you can merge or bypass various signals

Feedback is always appreciated.

8 Likes

And begins when the pattern starts

That’s how I assume it would work but ive tried that but mine doesn’t stop. Starts when the pattern does but it never ends, I tried setting the beats too but that’s not it either

Just tested it, definitely works

Make sure to hit record again when recording. It will stop at the end of the pattern

1 Like

OH I get you nice one. I’ll try it when I get back in I misunderstood. Didn’t realise you meant press it again and it would sync at the end. I’ve been pressing it repeatedly wondering why it wouldn’t stop. Still a bit foggy on track routing though if anyone has a clue

1 Like

It’s a learn as you go process for me also so happy to help :slight_smile:

The audiobus forum is a good source of help in the Drambo thread

1 Like

Took some FlexiSamplers out for a joy ride today. Decided to do a quick process video with all the things that go into making a track in my regular workflow…yep hunting for the right slices to fit the mood:

I think I am being dumb but am really stuck- how can I have a note that only plays once when a pattern is triggered?

I have tried the once condition in the step edit but that means the note only plays once ever.

Thanks in advance for help

I think you probably want to use Cycle Conditions.

Thanks! This more or less does the job.

Got into a mood tonight and didn’t really want to get out of it:

4 Likes

Some more late night shenanigans in Drambo for your headspaces:

3 Likes

very nice!

I use drambo pretty much on a daily basis now. Changed my mind about it completely.
Of course the auv3 support is huge, but I also got used the sequencer and the modular patching.
Should get deeper into sampling soon.
But as a auv3 host, I much prefer it over aum and beatmaker now

(Already posted in the jamuary thread… )

11 Likes

It is the best thing to happen to music-making on iOS. Period.

4 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

I’ve not tried it yet. Looks a bit complicated no?

At first yes, you have to get a bit used to the interface. But in general it‘s very straightforward and super clever.
The most complex part is the modular synth, but you can just load presets (already built in synths), samples or auv3 instruments.

The rest is mainly a groovebox with elektron style sequencer