Drambo (iOS)

I bought a Logitech MX Master 3 mouse and it has really improved my ability to navigate around Drambo. I’m just learning the app so there’s so much clicking and going through all the menus.

The minute I saw how fast Ben Richards was navigating around Drambo in all of his videos I knew I needed to have one. Definitely wouldn’t work though if you’re using this on a couch.

You just need a lap desk.

:slight_smile:

Just waiting for the eyeball tracking…

6 Likes

How are people recording the master output? I noticed that on some tracks with more high end, the screen recording audio sounds a bit crap. I read on the Audiobus forum that you can use 4Pockets Multitrack Recorder, I don’t mind buying that if I have to but I have no other use for it, so was wondering if there was a way to do it with plugins I might already have?

Also (asked this in the iPad thread too, forgot there was this one), does anyone have any tips for adjusting small controls accurately? I find sometimes it’s a bit hard to accurately adjust e.g. the mod amount knobs

For knob adjustments, left-right movement is fine and up-down is coarse. You can also double tap on any knob for exact value entry.

4 Likes

Didn’t think to try this. Thanks!

giku just posted a development roadmap for Drambo on the Audiobus forum:

Drambo is under dynamic / full-time development.

A rough roadmap looks like this:

Multiroute audio io
Parameter automation, midi recording, automation editor as an addition to p-locks
Sequencer extensions: length and speed per clip / track, new components, autoadvance, etc..
Clips and clip launcher
MIDI learn: control surfaces, in rack MIDI learn (so that you can map CC inside e.g. Instrument rack, make them local)
Instant stems recording
Morph module (acts like morph scenes)
Better sample management, drag'n'drop between modules, sample editor
A lot of new modules: Flexi 2.0, Looper, Analog filters, spectral processing, new sequencers
Graphics synthesis: screen signal type
UI/UX improvements
14 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

And yes, Giku is the rilliest. Just amazing, what he does. And he is willing to engage and debate on features and functionality (for better or worse!)

2 Likes

Daaang. Shame I had to give my iPad to my older son since his was so old and literally bent… but man, this is major. I do envision a new iPad in my near to mid future lol. Already missing some of my iPad OS only AUs :frowning:

It looks fantastic. I’m looking forward to it. :smiley:

1 Like

This looks amazing.
Now that I can clock out to my modular I’m just missing the multi audio in. :upside_down_face:

@ Switchzik
Out of interest how are you going to sync these two worlds together?

So far I’m using the nerdseq midi in and track assignment (like track 1 = midi ch.1, track 2 = midi ch. 2 etc …).

I’m using my audio interface which has midi in/out and the iPad camera kit. Works really good.

But I’m planning to replacing the nerdseq for proper midi to CV module. :slight_smile:

which audio interface are you currently using?

The zoom u-24. Work good.

It only has 2 monos/1 stereo in so I’ll upgrade it either to focusrite scarlette or a Behringer X.

I had totally forgotten about the MoodUnits synth, and decided to give it run last night, and after a few hours of exploring, playing and dreaming, I ended up with this little thing.

As always, thanks for listening:
https://youtu.be/7zbfc8wUqAg

3 Likes

Hey fellow 'naughts! Just getting into Drambo … wondering if there’s a way to record long (1 minute +) audio into one of the samplers? I’ve tried with Flexi and the recorder but they both stop after about a minute.

Unfortunately not yet. In standalone mode you can load 4pockets multitrack recorder AU in each track for unlimited recording time.

2 Likes

My biggest issue with Drambo isn’t so much not understanding how to build, it’s knowing what to build. It’s really really good but I find myself making random instruments more than making songs and anyone with any kind of setup knows that can be a fatal flaw lol. It’s the ideal toy box though. Maybe I’ll find better compositions paired with my new mpc

1 Like