Drambo (iOS)

The most basic way i use it with auv3 synths and effects and just use the sequencer. Not really building things. A bit like an electron sequencer controlling 16 channels of synths, samplers, drum machines etc p locking effects and synth parameters

2 Likes

I just discovered that you can switch audio mute to midi mute in the track settings. This is much more useful for jamming.

4 Likes

Could Drambo be used to run synths within which can be muted with CC’s?
I’m using an OT to sequence synths which are hosted in Aum but there’s no sequenced way to turn off a Midi Track on the OT (except with Parts or Arranger but that’s not convenient for me).

This is the MoodUnits Waverly sample player right? The app store description confuses me a little.

Nice work, btw.

1 Like

ha. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks.

Yep. It’s that one. From the Moodscaper developer.

1 Like

I was, at first, a bit overwhelmed by “possibility” with Drambo. But once I determined that, yes, Drambo is MORE than suitable for some live electronic sets, I started focusing on setting up just the core tracks and devices I would need to do that, so I could get down to the business of making music.

As a “for instance”, in one of my Drambo projects, I have a dedicated kick track (with switchable/tune-able choices for different kicks), a couple of percussion tracks (one with sequenced samples, the other using generative patterns), a dedicated bass track (again, switchable to different bass sounds), a pads track, an arps or “pluck” type track, a one-shot samples track, and a live “playable” keys track.

Some of these, I cheat and incorporate AU instruments like the Model D app from Moog or similar. In one of my projects, I even have a GrooveRider GR-16 track for a groovebox within a groovebox thing.

Anyway, as with any system that allows so much freedom, I find that what works for me is to keep some focus on specific goals and optimizing my setup(s) to get there. I do give myself some “playtime” to explore broader possibilities, but I always try to come back to moving forward on my specific music creation and performance goals.

10 Likes

Nice update today! There are a handful of new buffer manipulation effects, along with MIDI bug fixes.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, just updated. I have to say that lately Drambo works very stable for me. At the very beginning it was crashing quite often even when I was doing simple things. But last few months I don’t remember it crashing.

Holy moly. Drambo now works on the Push 2!!
Amazing!!:exploding_head::exploding_head::wink::facepunch:t3:

14 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaat

1 Like

Best one so far today!

1 Like

Dammit

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Got me for a second! :rofl:

Nice !! I still believe in it … :wink:

Had a nice revisit with some Random+Chance+Scale racks good ol @bcrichards helped me to build last year in Drambo. Decided to use them on some light Piano and strings with broken drums in this one.

As always, thanks for watching and your support :pray:t3::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Here’s is the project file if anyone is interested:

2 Likes

Version 1.4 is out with a lot of excellent features:

• Support for multi-channel audio interfaces
  • Analog Filter module with 6 types of nonlinear filters (4x oversampled, high quality processing)
  • External CV instrument module to control external modular synthesizers via DC-coupled audio interfaces
  • Audio out module
  • Tap tempo
  • MIDI to CV module: added voice allocation type setting
  • Bug fixes and stability improvements

Its a great time to be a Drambo-head. Now we can finally use Drambo to process hardware! Also the analog-style filters sound really good.

9 Likes

Having some fun today using mostly native instruments on this track. I added a couple auv3 in the Master Channel so feel free to toss these if you don’t have MixBox and Tape Pro. I just wanted to beef up and dirty the sound a bit: