Drambo (iOS)

I’m looking for a nice all in one companion app for the my Force and Digitakt combo. Would it be an overkill to just use Drambo as a source of sampling materials?

Multi channel audio is great. Big step for processing hardware synth !
I don’t use AUM anymore. Drambo is much more comprehensive and has everything I need now. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the multi channel audio before I fully commit to it full-time. I could use more buses, but Im sure that will eventually come. I’d probably stick with AUM permanently if had Drambo’s support of external controllers/relativeCC’s/midi only on active track. That was a total game changer and cure for the jumping values w/ external controllers.

I also love how the community who is into drambo is INTO drambo. Its like crowdsourcing modules, built instruments, and workflows. Its really great to see how someone would tackle the same thing I would, but completely differently, and be more than happy to give away their hard work or just flat out upload it to patch storage. (lookin’ at people like you, echo_opera)

2 Likes

Having some fun with the Euclidean Sequencers in Drambo on this track:

3 Likes

Drambo could definitely fill that role. I find it more compelling as a replacement for the Digitakt personally, but you could definitely sample the heck out of it.

Drambo doesn’t come with a ton of presets to work with, though there is some on patchstorage. So it might require you diving into modular-ish synthesis. But If you are just trying to get some cool source material you are going to process/sample somewhere else, that hurdle is less.

or just load up your favorite auv3s :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

seriously. turns any AUv3 into an Elektron with that sequencer… :wink:

3 Likes

Here’s a recent Drambo jam I recorded, controlled by a Faderfox UC4 and with a Mutable Instruments Shruthi-1 alongside for some hardware support :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tt3ctwUWpo

If you’re curious about the behind-the-scenes stuff, I included a screengrab of a walkthrough of the Drambo project

2 Likes

Im waiting to pick up a UC4 when they come back in stock for a portable solution.
I assume theres no issues with jumping values between the faderfox pickup feature and the incredible way Drambo handles midi controllers?
Can you confirm this that everything is silky smoot, unlike most controllers in AUM?

Getting some more action from the Euclidean sequencers with Randomization on them for this next track:

3 Likes

Here’s a little walk thru on what I’m doing. You can also grab the project file in the YouTube description:

6 Likes

Hi, yes the UC4 works seamlessly with Drambo…definitely silky smooth :slight_smile:
re: AUM, I’ve used numerous controllers with it and never experienced any issues.

1 Like

Love your work, Mr Opera! This is sublime

1 Like

Many thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it :pray:t3::two_hearts:

1 Like

I decided to have a little play around with Chords, ARPS and Randomized Chance in Drambo.

You can grab the Drambo project file in the YouTube description as well

As always thanks for watching :pray:t3::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Here’s where i ended up after a few hours of building off of the project file i posted above:

6 Likes

I am really enjoying listening to what you make in Drambo, and I am learning!

Thanks for sharing.

Now with multi-channel audio could you use Drambo as an audio fx unit for external gear?

Yes definitely! I don’t have any interest in a ZOIA anymore :). Its especially nice because you can use AUv3s for mangling as well.

1 Like

Has anyone managed to get the Octatrack transport/bpm to control Drambo? I have it all set up properly, and I know MIDI sync works because it’s working in AB3, but I can’t get it to start/stop and change the BPM in Drambo.