Drambo (iOS)

I’ve synced it to an MPC a few times, so I know it works, but haven’t tried with the octatrack. Maybe try clicking on the metronome in Drambo and see if there is another sync option.

When I get a chance, I’ll try the octatrack.

I got an answer on the AB forums. I didn’t have Sync in the Metronome menu turned on to MIDI. Thanks!

2 Likes

Sold my Octa mk1 so I could get my hands on that beautiful new mk2 in black. While I wait for the mk2, I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to figure out how I could get Drambo to deliver some of the hands-on sample mangling and live effects manipulation joy that the Octa brings.

– Meet Rogue Tentacle –

A custom instrument built using Drambo and Mozaic for Octatrack-style sample mangling, hands-on performance and live effects manipulation.

Demo video:
https://futuresonic.io/discussion/meet-rogue-tentacle-drambo-and-mozaic/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEi0G55qQpQ

7 Likes

You gonna share it on PatchStorage? It’d be dope to play with it.

2 Likes

Not right now but in the future, see comments on YT for more info.

3 Likes

Having a little rest and relaxation in SoCal this week and had a chance to carve out some Drambo time. Here’s a short little piece with some footage from the LongBeach Aquarium:

3 Likes

I’ve posted a link to the project file for those of you who might be interested:

You’ll need to a few PlugIns to have the full experience:
PurePiano
DrumComputer
MixBox
Factory
Continua

3 Likes

Finally had some time with myself and Drambo and thought i would share. Many thanks for giving it a view :pray:t3::two_hearts:

9 Likes

So good

So how does Drambo work on an M1 Mac? App Store says it runs on M1, anyone tried?

Runs perfectly

2 Likes

beautiful

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t3: :two_hearts:

edit: hold please…trying this again to verify…only tried briefly

Hoping someone can school me…
I’m trying to understand the time modules in the misc/utility. What are they for? I’m getting nowhere.
I have been trying to figure out a way scale time division per track. I have been unsuccessful.

Edit: just started getting somewhere using the time modules in conjunction with the gate/velocity sequencer module.
I hope further development integrates time scale per track as a feature of the main sequencer.

Edit: oh wow :flushed: it’s all mappable to cross fader scenes. Dayum. Scale time > gate/velocity > flexi with slices and set to velocity > filter > with buffer repeat on master. Map plocks on cross fader scenes. FUN! It’s a frickin playground.

5 Likes

Track scaling for the built-in sequencer should be in the next release (its in the current beta).

3 Likes

Oh sweet! A few missing things like that had me not using drambo much which, I know, is stubborn.

1 Like

I have an A4 and an AR. When hooking up my USB dongle to my iPad, I manage to route whatever device I connected last through the Audio Input module in Drambo. My goal is to have the input from AR on one track and the input from A4 on another. Has anyone managed to achieve this?

Unfortunately iOS/iPadOS doesn’t support aggregated devices yet like macOS, and multiple audio interfaces aren’t supported also (it’s always using the one you’ve last connected). It’s a shame because I would like to use both my DT and DN in Drambo now that they are class-compliant audio interfaces.

2 Likes

You could send the DT audio into the DN, and the DN USB into your iPad.

You can also connect both via midi. No limits for MIDI connections in iOS.