Drambo (iOS)

Well, most of it is to support a live performance mapping with my APC 40. It allows me to switch between sequences for each track (some euclid, some not) and update the knobs/buttons on my APC 40 when a project loads. I look forward to getting rid of the cruft when Drambo supports these things natively. But until then its the only way for Drambo to support my needs.

1 Like

I made this for my LaunchPad+Drambo combo:

3 Likes

That’s pretty slick :slight_smile: seems very effective for making tracks!

I’m using Drambo in standalone. To integrate well with my APC-40 my template only has 8 instruments (mapped to the 8 APC-40 tracks). Each track has a few performance buttons and knobs to alter playing sequence and instrument (with some default mappings that can be changed). This includes 3 sequences per track.

At some point (soon?) I’ll post a demo video and maybe the template itself, I know other folks have been curious about getting some level of bidirectional controller mappings working.

I think most of my Drambo performance issues can me attributed to 4 things: Drambo UI lags somewhat when it has a lot of modules, Drambo beta has performance bugs, I don’t think Drambo has been tested much with splitscreen and may have a bug, and Saturn 2 can be a performance hog.

Sounds cool. If you’re on beta please notify Giku. He’s great at bug squashing.

1 Like

Yes I agree, giku is very responsive about this. I’ve been waiting until some of the more feature-specific bugs get squashed on the beta, there’s a lot in flux.

Btw, for anyone who uses Drambo standalone: I updated the Drambo miRack wrapper with a lot more miRack modules. Much of the (more interesting) filters/fx/distortions have been mapped, and I started on the oscs as well.

6 Likes

This looks amazing - I didn’t even realise it was a thing that existed. Admittedly I’m no major Drambo user, so perhaps that’s why I wasn’t aware, but I’ve spread the word to people I know who are just in case they weren’t up on it

2 Likes

Drambo is the best solution for an iPad/iPhone based OctraTrack/DigiTakt style workflow one can have these days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Yeah, the Racks are cool. And in general I think Drambo is excellent.

However, it is not the hands on creative fun of my hardware Elektron boxes. And when using a computer, my Mac with Bitwig is faster, far more capable and has less friction. Plus Bitwig integrates easily with my hardware as desired and I can use it both as a groovebox and linear arranger…

So as far as my own interests/needs, Drambo is out. It’s just too limited for me.

2 Likes

:+1:t3:

1 Like

But can you use your elecktron boxes or bitwig on the pooper?

2 Likes

next update adds another dimension unparalleled by elektron units tbh. I love elektron stuff but I’d never put Drambo and limited in the same sentence

2 Likes

Whats new in 1.5?

I have been having a look at this Drambo thing. As an alternative to buying an octatrack again for the 3rd time!
Drambo seems to sit nicely with bitwig/elektron philosophically. 2 questions for the experts though.

1. It can output multiple audio over USB, can it also send CV 5vpp if I have a dc coupled interface? how many channels?

2. Is it really the case that the ‘flex sampler’ cannot stretch pitch and time separately? can’t load in a two bar loop at 130bpm have it fixed at 130 and then alter the pitch of the sample ? (I know it has a pitch shift fx-but that isn’t exactly the same)

don’t think I’m allowed to talk about it but it’s got some good stuff

@k0ns I don’t have any CV hardware but I’m pretty sure it can. Check beepstreet forums for certainty. Time stretch is on the roadmap but remember it has a lot of different things different people want so it could come whenever really. Giku adds a lot of shit fairly quickly considering he’s a one man show. he has said timestretch is coming at some point. Until then there’s this, haven’t tried it yet

I hope a nice songmode is coming soon.

Check out this post:

And i read something about a piano roll editor. But not sure where and if it will be in this update.

Most of you around here know of my fondness and adoration of all things Drambo…but today, I stumbled upon something which is just sending me over the moon.

I love the sound of chords. I love playing chords. I love hearing chords. But yeesh…I don’t know all the chords! So therefore, Drambo to the rescue!

Orchid created something that I think I and others will be using a lot these days.

Chorder:

Video Demo here:

Thanks to Orchid for this awesome Instrument Rack…and thanks for Sharing!

Ok…back to regular Drambo talk people :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you can use whatever you want for songmode.
patterns are midi mappable. just sequence them however you want

Happy Saturday night. A little exploration of 16 Steps and a load of randomization and chance to have this one seep in to your unconscious.

As always, thanks for watching and listening and commenting :pray:t3::two_hearts:

5 Likes