Drambo (iOS)

Any advice on synths looking at:
-sunrizer
-zeeno
-groovrider : seems to have some quality sound banks and the user wave import option is a great feature but honestly if Drambo can host AUv3 then might be overkill for my needs. I am trying to keep this setup as simple as possible.

Also low latency, transparent audio interface MOTU M4 looks really good but would like a bit more I/O and/or ADAT. had ID22 may revisit , I hear really good thins about Focusrite 3rd gen interfaces.
Will probably be connecting to Toraiz SP16 and run the 8-outs through AUM and effects
Thanks !

Honestly, I’d get the following synths/apps:

Moog Model D (should be free right now)
Moog Model 15
Continua
Quanta
Aparillo
Factory
Samplr

5 Likes

I think you meant Zeeon

Yes, both Beepstreet synths are well-regarded, though I didn’t get Zeeon because it was known as being hard on CPU for a time.

Grooverider is a fun app, but since it’s a groovebox… well I never saw a way to integrate two groovebox apps together in a way that made sense to me. What I’ve seen people do is simply not use the sequencer of the app being slaved to the main groovebox app. Thing is, any time you integrate an app with another app, you have to start getting into MIDI channel assignments and stuff, probably worrying about clock/sync too…

Drambo though has a lot of synthesis built in already. I think it’s going to be quite a while before I would honestly feel like I need to integrate an external synth app with Drambo.

My octatrack just left :slight_smile:
But I kept my models samples and cycles :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I just asked, and the developer said midi learn will soon be available for all controls. If you can send crossfader and scene select CCs from the OT it would be a pretty excellent combo.

Really ? was this already in the works or after the release of Drambo ?

Everyday Drambo gets better and better at seeping into my life.

I think i am becoming one with Drambo.

Am i finally a DramBot?

Thanks for watching :pray:t3::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Yeah Iwas planning this, and looking to slim down my hardware équipement. It just boils down to your use of the octatrack :

• fx processor ? If you use plocks, you can use drambos master effects, else AUM can do this very fine. You re not limited by the processor.
  • sampler ?the flexiSampler has it all ! Timestretch is a bit behind, it you can arm recording on one track. I rarely live recording more than one track at the time anyway.
    You have multi sampling in bonus !

The biggest letdown at the moment is :

• the absence of midi learn
  • one pair of input at the moment, but multi put is in the works-
  • the arming sampling thing which is not here yet
    All of this is going to be implemented in a future update but there is quite a lot to play with at the moment !!!

Don’t let me wrong, I am keeping the model line and my digitone, it’s great for quick beats, especially to send via class compliant audio I AUM.

2 Likes

How do you guys get audio into your ipad? Like let’s say I want to sample a song off my phone or sample a synth. Do I need an audio interface?

Yes, a USB audio interface and an Apple adapter. This one is for iPads with the Lightning connector (not USB-C which the 2018 and 2020 iPad Pros have.)

Maybe I’m not getting what you want to do …but on the recorder module, I think you can start recorded sample and/or start recording, by parameter-locking on a sequencer step, eg. hold step + play or rec.

Steadily going through the 30min. walkthrough tutorial. Accidentally found that the “P-lock recording” also records realtime keyboard performance. Really appreciate the tutorial being there but the P-lock section went by so fast, I was rewatching it a bunch of times to try to understand how to P-lock just a step vs. realtime.

EDIT: I did figure out how to p-lock a step, and also use p-lock in realtime. Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t forget about the Audio Damage fx… sound very comparable to Valhalla VSTs. Also Eventide Blackhole available now as well.

Yeah but those eventide eat quite a lot of Cpu. But they sound incredibly !!

Just Hold the step and adjust your parameter and it will be adjusted just on that step.

I didn’t get how he placed trigless trigs in the step sequencer. Anyone?

hold a step and p-lock whatever youre planning to trigless trig. press steps on the bottom right above the pads to enter step edit mode. select a step and all the stuff for that step will appear where your rack was

1 Like

Brilliant! Cheers.

Yeah like I said I figured that out. He just rushed through explaining the difference between realtime and step p-locks.

Thanks! I never even used trigless trigs on my Octatrack. Just haven’t been smart enough to understand what they could do for me.