Drambo (iOS)

You can use it for sequencing effects or moving parameters without restarting the sample playing. I didn’t use slide trigs for ages, there’s always a new revelation to find in OT. It’ll certainly come in useful some point or another once you know it’s there

HI Don !
Yup I have Blackhole setup for sale alert on appsliced . I think I missed a recent one.
I have been on the fence about Audio Damage, they are very well regarded, but for some reason never pulled the trigger with them.
What do you use from Audio Damage ?

Multisampling ? Keymapping ? Really … NICE !

Interface, camera kit: for hardware synths, direct recording.

Pre-recorded material (WAV, mp3s, etc.): iOS, Mac can be airdropped; you can also connect a hard drive and drag and drop (also requires camera kit).

No worries. I replied before you Edited the question above :wink:

Made a quick little overview on how to Quantize Notes and create Chords for Drambo instruments:

3 Likes

So my use case would like to overwrite the sample buffer each loop. As far as I know you can’t plock the clear button for live continuous sample mangling… so yeah you can plock rec and play but you can’t rerecord without manually clearing the recorder contents.

Hrmmm…if you just want to feed LIVE audio into the mix, just set it up in AUM in the fx Slot. With Drambo in the fx Slot it will allow you to manipulate the Live incoming audio in Real Time…no need for a Sampler…and you could always BUS that audio channel to a recording channel to capture for later use.

Here’s a quick video showing how I’d do what I described above using Drambo inside of AUM (hope it makes sense):

1 Like

Grind
Dubstation 2
Eos 2
Rough Rider 2

That’s pretty much my AUM channel strip right there :slight_smile:

here im using flexi sampler to make some drones and soundscapes. this was a fun experiment that i’ll def be using quite often

5 Likes

Nice one mate :facepunch:t3:

Another much too late night jam using Drambo for some ambient sonic texture with beat:

4 Likes

Oh man…this Drambo thing just won’t let go of me. In this piece, Reasn and I were chatting about how low CPU Drambo is and how it would be cool to set up multiple instances of Drambo in AUM to really have total control over fx and routing. Well, I am happy to report that the idea bore fruit…and honestly, it feels like I have 5 OctaTracks at my disposal inside of AUM. Having an auv3 Sequencer in AUM just opens up so many possibilities.

That being said, with great power comes great responsibility, so I hope that this track helps to soothe the Monster in us all which Drambo will release. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

STOP IT !!! I can’t take it anymore ( I bought a bunch of apps thought Drambo was one of them turns out it wasn’t, I have been fighting the GAS but curse you and your YouTube videos !
I can’t take it anymore … I give in.

3 Likes

This is beautiful man!

1 Like

@dickmalibu hahaha. Don’t blame me until you realize how magical of a ride Drambo will take you on :facepunch:t3:

@slupchips Awww thanks so much. Really glad you enjoyed the track. Means a lot :pray:t3::two_hearts:

3 Likes

My biggest and only issue with Octatrack and SP16 (I own both) is not being able to multisample. I bought Nanostudio 2 to perform those duties , but Drambo has that and seems to be very straight forward when it comes to multisampling, this would really make be an amazing update if OT had this functionality.
I stll hate you @echo_opera :grinning:

2 Likes

Aha, yeah hope that gets fixed later on in some way. It would also be nice to be able to p-lock start point from an already recorded sample.

Or is there a way to transfer a recorded sample from recorder module to one of the sample modules?

Gah. I was following the development of Drambo quite closely for about a year and then somehow missed its launch day… just bought for some bank holiday weekend isolation fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes