Dreadbox Nymphes

Is there a chance to beat OB6 on polytones(chords, strings, pads) on the raw sound?
I also wonder if it s really polyphinic or is ìt paraphonic?
Also… if I didn t really enjoy Typhon, is it a chance to love Nymphes?
…how comes mono output on a polysynth?!?

6 voice true polyphonic

1 Like

Something I’d love to see in a future firmware update is a “vintage” control like DSI, which skews filter, oscillator etc.
(Even better if it approaches Voice Component Modeling for the 6 voices!)

3 Likes

New firmware 2.1:

New features
MPE support
Polyphonic aftertouch support
List of polyphonic assignable targets
Preset import/export support
Factory presets can now be replaced
MIDI Channel Learn
Added a Scaled Mode for slider control

5 Likes

Isn’t this beautiful?

@AnotherMachines - ELEKTRON SYNTAKT + DIGITAKT + DREADBOX NYMPHES - TECHNO PATTERN

7 Likes

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::raised_hands::raised_hands::control_knobs::control_knobs::control_knobs:

3 Likes

Just picked up a Nymphes, really digging it so far. The menu/shift systems are going to take a bit of getting used to but it sounds so good that I don’t mind at all. Amazing what they’ve managed to pack into such a small form factor. It’s absolutely sublime running through the Digitone’s chorus.

4 Likes

I’d love an option to swap the reverb for a chorus.

1 Like

Looking at this or one of the boutiques for travel/live stuff. I’m veering towards this one though, based on what I’ve heard so far.

Some very impressive patches here:

10 Likes

Wow, you weren’t kidding. Stellar stuff!

Is that filter on the Nymphes the same like the one on the Typhon?

I’ve read in several places that it’s a SSM 2040 filter.

Really like 5:38

1 Like

On a similar note, anyone know what the oscillators are? Same as Typhon or not?

FWIW, the digital reverb is driven by a Spin FV-1. It can support multiple programs on an EPROM, but we can’t know how many were built in.

I read it’s SSM VCO as well.

What’s the general consensus of interface to form factor. Nymohes sounds amazing and i think it would fit in my hardware rig really nice, seems like the interface is worth getting use to

I love the interface.

Certainly, a bit of muscle memory involved at first but easier than most video games involving a controller maybe? A few hours of generic use and you’d get it sorted. A few weeks away you might forget something but, it is really immediate to use.

It is an elegant design and it plays ridiculously well with other synths… at least the ones I’ve tried.

Seems like it will be excellent in live situations but, I’m not quite ready for those experiments.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

As long as it’s less dark souls and more God of War complicated that not too bad

more like mortal combat on sega genesis without the need for any twitch reflexes :smiley: