Dreadbox Nymphes

Is there an editor for the Nymphes on iPad?

I dislike the controls on the Nymphes but I do like the sound. Maybe a nice editor on iPad could convince me to buy one after all.

2 Likes

A really nice walkthrough / demo, with 2 patch creations.

and a nice song

1 Like

Yes, i would love an ipad editor as well. Wonder why there isnā€™t one available (yet). I do love the synth and the controls are well laid out for such a tiny instrument. However, i struggle with the lfo-s and global settings. Too many obscure button presses and dial twiddles. Could someone possibly make one in drambo and share it with others? I wrote to patch base to ask if they had an editor on the cards but they just referred me to some survey about potential future releases. The dreadbox ppl had initially said there would be one forthcoming but then changed their minds and left it to third parties, which is unfortunate. If i were more capable w drambo would try to do it myself, but for some reason, i struggle w complex patches on that app and use it more for the sequencer and hosting auv3s.

In case anyone is wondering how to do Program Changes from a Digitone or Digitakt (or Syntakt!)

Prog is 1-49, and Bank 1 is user, Bank 2 is factory.

8 Likes

This has been the main thing putting me off getting one.

It looks brilliant in terms of what it can do and the price and form factor, but Iā€™m not super experienced and I need something easy to understand and learn with.

All the shift functions etc seemed a bit concerning.

Some weirder sounds, not mine

2 Likes

Iā€™m so close in buying this thing, but itā€™s my birthday this week so I demand a discount! :joy:

2 Likes

A few more traditional patches from this person:

1 Like

Hereā€™s the Nymphes through the June V2 chorus (not mine)

4 Likes

Just wanted to say that the Nymphes has become my main polysynth for a table-top setup and I love its sound/character. It sounds great subdued or with filter fully open, and by using multiple MIDI channels, I can get it to do double duty on both pads and some leads. Six analog voices that sound great in the size of a paperback book is awesome for me.

20 Likes

New performances on the Dreadbox YouTube channel:

And with the Dysmetria:

4 Likes

The intro to this video is in Spanish, but most of it demonstrates techno with Nymphes plus Digitakt:

And hereā€™s a new video ā€œ5 Things I Love Aboutā€¦ā€

2 Likes

As well as the presets above from Limbic Bits: dreadbox Nymphes Patches for Ambient and Techno: "Pantheon"

Hereā€™s a new set from Anton Anru:

https://antonanru.sellfy.store/p/nymphes-nostalgia/

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking for a great multi fx to go with the Nymphes, USB powered, cheap and small in size.
Need at least some reverb, delay and chorus.

Iā€™m considering the Zoom 70CDR until I find something better as its cheap and runs on 2 AA batteries. Good idea or does someone have a ā€˜betterā€™ option?

2 Likes

The Zoom is hard to beat unless you want to spend a lot more money.

2 Likes

The MS-70CDR is an excellent choice, and as it happens will also run on USB power too.

2 Likes

Great, didnā€™t knew that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not as small as you want, but hereā€™s a cool video of the Nymphes with Dreadboxā€™s own FX unit:

1 Like

Hereā€™s a follow-up pack with 49 Lead, Bass, Pluck, Chord patches

B-stock back in stock for ā‚¬350

3 Likes