Dreadbox Nymphes

I’ve set up other devices on Elektron boxes like this with no issue, but the Nymphes is just not responding to program change messages, super frustrating. Thanks for the speedy reply!

Make sure that receiving program changes and cc messages is set in the Nymphes Global settings menu (see manual p 19, the steps are complicated unfortunately). You may need to change the preset bank (the next encoder over on Digitakt) to access factory vs user presets, on bank 1 and 2 I think.

It’s a pain to set up the first time, but having the extra midi LFO to MW/AT makes them well worth pairing together…

3 Likes

Yes this @Humanprogram nailed it,
separate settings on nymph

1 Like

I’m actually setting it up on the Octatrack, might try it on my Digitakt to see if it works.

Yup, set the incoming CC and Program Change to on.

I’m sending MIDI to play notes on the Nymphes just fine, but no changes to banks/program at all.

Just tried on the Digitakt and it works as expected. No clue where to go from here, ha.

1 Like

Any chance you have Program Change Send off on Octatrack?

I don’t even want to admit my mistake, I feel so dumb. I create every project from a template, then save to new. Program Change was somehow turned off in the template. Dude, sometimes I feel like this thing should be taken away from me. My relationship with Octa is complicated to say the least. Thank you all for your input!

1 Like

I know it gets some hate, but I love the format so much! So small and easy, connect to a powerbank and to the M8 and I really get (very happily) lost sequencing and resampling. Most portable setup. (But it also goes super well with the A4, I love to MIDI sequence it with the CV or FX track)

It sounds soooooo good also in mono - the osc, the filter and the res.
I wish so much they would make a drum machine in the same format - like 4 or 6 voices with separate AttackDecay ENVs, allowing more extreme values, triggerable by different midi channels.

Here’s a rough fun demo made with 5 mono voices (using resampling) (if I remember correctly, 1Kick 1Snare 1Hats 2Bass)

(This actually got me searching for USB powered small drum machines.)

5 Likes

I really want one. Love the sound. Just have a bit too much stuff laying around here.

I really like your music a lot. I think you´d love the nymphes. matches your style so well.

2 Likes

thanks a lot!!
When it came out I immediately thought this is a no brainer. Just have to choose something that I put away for it

I bought one now. Should arrive before weekend. Very excited how it sounds in real life

1 Like

I’ve thought about getting one of these, but lack of an internal sequencer puts me off. I think I may well be buying a Typhon before very long.

A synth with the best features of both devices would be amazing.

1 Like

Sequencer would be nice, but I have so many external sequencers by now.
I really want it for the sound

I do agree.

For me it’s sometimes hard to find the time to hook everything up so boxes that can be used on their own are a big plus.

With something like the Typhon I can imagine sitting on the Sofa trying to dream up patches and sequences which I can then sample or use with the MC-707 or Polyend Tracker when I have a bit more time.

1 Like

If only it had a small display :see_no_evil:.

1 Like

I hope I‘m fine without.
I don’t want to load or store presets, so maybe it won’t bother me too much.
I usually don’t need much modulation either

I’ve had mine for a couple days now, absolutely love it. I have a Prophet 6, but wanted something with comparable presets to pair with Octatrack and Minitaur in a compact and portable way. Nymphes is solid, sounds amazing, perfect for this use case.

1 Like

Interesting choice. Would you say it rivals your Prophet in terms of raw sound? Did you sell your Prophet?

I would love a Nymphes in a Roland boutique form factor - just a little bit bigger so it can have a few more sliders, a small display and normal size MIDI in/out.

No it can’t possibly rival the Prophet in raw sound. But in the case I need a compact setup the presets are in the same roundhouse, style wise.

The Roland JUO6a would be another alternative. I tried it, but it just wasn’t for me.

1 Like