Dreadbox Typhon

Yes, you would be able to sequence your BS2 with the Typhon complete with the Typhon sequencer’s probability, and also run the BS2 through the Typhon’s various FX processors.

1 Like

Thanks…I went ahead and bought the Typhon but still have a space problem. Perhaps I’ll sell my Circuit instead.

Hey all,

Does anyone have an update on when the external sync drift problem is going to be fixed?
I love the Typhon so much but this is frustrating the heck out of me…

Hi there, we are very close to fixing this. We had to do a fundamental sequencer rewrite in order to properly handle external sync. We have passed internal testing and are doing a beta build tomorrow.

30 Likes

A scale mode please!

2 Likes

Do you need beta tester :smile: Thanks for the great product! I enjoy it a lot!

I have a similar setup, Circuit/Mopho/Digitakt and now the Typhon. I played a bit with the Bass Station II and I would say that you’ll end up with a greater sound scope with the Typhon, but a smaller footprint. I would say that you would also have a bit more of a learning curve as a lot of the settings are in the menus, but I feel there is a lot more sonic possibilities.

Woohoo, thanks for that info! Looking forward to it!

There it is on the website:

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/

3 Likes

Ah, it seems to be listed but not downloadable

it´s live now.

The great thing about how Dreadbox implemented the play button acting as an “ARM” for external sync now, is how you can stop the sequencer and then hit play again to have it play back offset, but still in locked MIDI clock sync.

In other words, arm sync, hit play on your external device… let them play in sync, then stop the Typhon.
Now, you can restart the Typhon on any other beat besides 1, if you wish. It plays on the next. beat that your clock division is set to. If set to 1/8, it will play sync’d on the very next 8th note, for example.

Some eurorack modules do this.
I absolutely love this for shifting a sequencing around. Just playing with that and changing clock divisions and probability % (which are thankfully on the same page) can really get a ton of variety out of a single sequence.

19 Likes

killer! so has anyone tested it?

Yes. The clock is very stable.

I just made this video of the offset armed sync fun:

18 Likes
off topic

Should be a feature request for the Elektron gear… :thinking:

I paid for a Typhon on Oct. 15th.
Should have received it for Christmas, but I was just told it should arrive in mid January…
:unamused:

2 Likes

It’s a seriously awesome feature that I wish more gear had.

I imagine if the MPC had it, I could load a new project and then restart the slaved MPC sequencer without having to stop and restart the master clock.
So the lack of disk streaming on MPC turns into not a big issue.

Good on Dreadbox for giving us yet another feature that invites some new creativity to this budget box.

3 Likes

Just a note, we also managed to squeeze Program Change support in this update.

20 Likes

Yeah, they explained on a fb post that they had some serious difficulties due to the new covid lockdown in Greece. Troubled times…

1 Like

Besides this awesome sync now, this video shines in showing how awesome that little box is and how fun to use it is!

1 Like

Cheers, yea I made that patch with FX and 8 note sequence in all of 5 minutes.
The more you use it, the more the box becomes very immediate.

2 Likes