Dreadbox Typhon

oh snap… the beta preset app is available, too. sweet! will give that a try later. thanks, @AlexandrosLiarokapis!

Awesome, got my order in this week. Can’t wait to jam on this beast.

I am not sure where you are located, but Detroit Modular have them in stock, as do Guitar Center here in the US.

took a minute to look at the presets app without attaching the typhon, but it’s a nice touch to have all the factory presets defined there, as well. the configs for all the factory presets are in the app bundle as text files. i dig it.

Thx buddy, I’m in Brittany, France
:man_shrugging:t4:

I’ll just wait, it’s not like I can’t live without ^^
But you all make me craving for this dope synth!

2 Likes

Right on.

Also, if anyone else is looking for one, Detroit Modular’s BF10 code still works for 10% off.

i wonder if they could add sequence advance mode… (a bit like triggering the sh101 sequencer from 808)…
send it a note or something to advance the sequencer by a step…?
very wonky arp’s and acid that way.

to me small synth of the year is either typhon or micromonsta 2…
maybe best mono ?.

2 Likes

Like I said : Mono Synth of the year.

3 Likes

This what I would like to see as well. Have the external input act as a trigger input, that advances with a trigger, or even any other sound.

Nice Track, nice tweaking.

Are the PO’s new additions?

I’ve had them a while. Christmas gifts the last few years. Made a tune with the PO-bass on my last album.

back to the Typhon…

some Typhon sequencer swing action! Loving the swing on this little guy.
+onboard “Ensemble” chorus, and delay

5 Likes

That box is a jam gem Jay.

Nice! It’s got a bit of a Kooky Scientist feel to it.

This has completely sold me (once I get the cash). Thanks for your work documenting this and helping get it sorted! I really love that they didn’t just fix it, they added an implementation that can be exploited like this.

I’m pretty sure you could cook up something hot with a box like blokas midihub - i’ve got mine setup to screw with the sequence on a boss SL-20 slicer, basically:

MIDI note sent on ch16 is transformed into clock stop followed by clock start (reset not yet available)

I also have a CC setup to switch between OT clock and a CC controllable midihub clock, with another CC for a clock divider. It is a huge amount of fun, makes the SL-20 much more versatile. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with typhon, anyone wants the patch I can throw it up.

3 Likes

Love this!! Reminds me of some those classic DJ Hyperactive tracks.

1 Like

Same here. I order on the 18 of october. I was Gas because of this thread. Too bad. I should’nt have read it. The best influencers are Elektronauts :scream:

2 Likes

mutanmonkey in Spain has 'em, very cool little company, just carries some select funky stuff.
Got an olegtron 4060 shipped to UK no probs.

1 Like

And Portugal.

https://bimotordj.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64_5558&product_id=38922&sort=p.price&order=ASC

For 299.

1 Like

MIDI Program Change tested with the DT. Works like a charm.

2 Likes

Love that! My cat is looking kinda weird at the speakers, tho (because of the pitch mod sounds?)! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes